Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 11-22-2015

Default Tow equipment

I'm selling my Honda Oddessey because of high milage.....is is a hassle and / or worth it to remove the tow plate etc from it before selling ?
My next choice of toad probably won't be an Oddessey .

1973 31FC
Cape Cod MA
Old 11-23-2015

We removed all towing hardware and wiring from theToyota Camry with 140,000 miles + 60,000 towing. I believe it facilitated the sale.
www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=168
Old 11-23-2015

would be a hassle- unless you get the same vehicle, base plate will take up space in your garage
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 11-23-2015

On the other hand, sell it as a tow vehicle. I think it enhances the value. We have a 2014 CRV that we bought new. Has the Blue Ox baseplate. It's the last of the Hondas towable 4 down. I think that makes it more valuable. Thinking about selling it.
Old 11-23-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Miller View Post
On the other hand, sell it as a tow vehicle. I think it enhances the value. We have a 2014 CRV that we bought new. Has the Blue Ox baseplate. It's the last of the Hondas towable 4 down. I think that makes it more valuable. Thinking about selling it.
I agree...I'd post it on some RV sites (lots of people always looking for a "setup" toad) and if you don't get any bites then remove the stuff and sell it as a traditional vehicle.
1984 FC35RB Sold
Old 11-23-2015

Clearly a mixed bag. If you can sell it as a towable vehicle it's worth having the base plate on the vehicle. But the market is obviously smaller for a toad and a person wanting the vehicle who is NOT a RV'r would probably want the base plate removed.

With my luck I'd remove the base plate and then you can bet some one would show up wanting to use it as a toad.

Depending on the value of the car (asking price) it may not matter. I'd probably not remove the base plate.

The real issue on a newer car would be with the base plate on the perspective buyer is going to know the car was towed which would certainly reduce it's worth.

When I bought my Spark I bought a new grill and parts to set aside so that if I would sell the car I can put it back to a condition that it would not be obvious the car was used as a toad.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 11-23-2015

I recently traded a 2004 Honda CRV on a 2014 model. I left the baseplate on the 2004 since the salesman stated that the condition it was in and with the tow stuff he would not have the car on the lot for 24 hrs before it was sold. He indicated having the tow stuff was an advantage rather than disadvantage.

Of course that was one salesmans feelings in his market.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 11-23-2015

Thanks everyone....the car has over 226,000 on it! I'm thinking I'll leave it on.
I have a buyer that doesn't care either way.
Thanks for your input !

1973 31FC
Cape Cod MA