Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 01-09-2009

Default Hard at it

Since resigning from the Two Bird Club. I've freed up some time and money to devote to the Bella Mia. My projects have been centered on the bus interior, as nice as it was being all original it needed a little updating and freshening up. I spent my first efforts on the electronics and replaced all the TV's radio's back up camera some of the speakers and amplifiers. Of course the difficult part was running cables thru compartments with no room for a thread let alone a coaxial cable. Got it done all but the satellite stuff which has to wait until can get onto the roof. I also need to decide what I want in that department.

Having pretty much completed AV stuff I have taken on the drapes, flooring and upholstery. I did some DIY in the kitchen dinette area and took up the parquet floor and replaced that with pergo. Took me about 20 hours to do that small area but the difficult part was chiseling up the old floor. I am pleased with what I was able to accomplish. I have farmed out the couch to be recovered and am going to have the carpeting also done professionally. (If Earnie was only closer) New drapes are also in the works. I have a project or two in mind for Tim after seeing his postings. My goal is to have most of the interior cosmetics completed by early Feb. It's going to be nice and I will post pictures as soon as I get it together. Hopefully it will be ready for the rally's in Mertle Beach and Maxton. So that's what I've been up to on the Bella.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 01-09-2009
Forum Moderator

You couldn't help yourself could ya???
Old 01-09-2009

Wow. You've been really busy! Can't wait to see the results...
Linden, Michigan
Old 01-10-2009

Default hard at it

Yes I've been busy. Keeps me out of trouble, but Rob you are right I can't help myself. I am a little OCD. It bothers me to see significant defects and especially if I can fix them. I ve always been that way. Used to wax the cars at least once a month. Not like that anymore but still too ****** fussy. Interestingly enough I have a twin brother who is the polar opposite. Always has been as well. You is what you is and I guess the trick is enjoying yourself. I get a real feeling of satisfaction when I complete a project. Especially if its something I haven't done before. I've been tempted to lay the carpet but have decided discression is the better part of valour on that one. Don't want to waste a lot of material or end up with a job that I am not happy with, or both. The only problem with some of this is the wife see's what I've done and is beginning to get idea's for the house. Maybe I better lock the door to the bus instead of inviting her out to brag about my accomplishments.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 01-10-2009

The evil of GOOD is Better. After remanufacturing the running gear on my FC and dropping $16 k on the exterior the interior seemed SO much better. A couple wall hugger recliners and new 'terlet', it's all good fer me. Mebbe living in a 150 year old hand hewn log farm house helps me 'let it be'.
MH
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 01-10-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Mike?....Archie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hohnstein View Post
The evil of GOOD is Better. After remanufacturing the running gear on my FC and dropping $16 k on the exterior the interior seemed SO much better. A couple wall hugger recliners and new 'terlet', it's all good fer me. Mebbe living in a 150 year old hand hewn log farm house helps me 'let it be'.
MH
Now those words triggered a visual for me............knowing Mike as I do, he's kind of looks a little like Archie Bunker with real short hair wether he admits it or not and I pictured my self siting on the sofa in his 'Bird, next to an empty Wall Hugging Recliner and hearing the "TERLET" flushing..................that made for a good laugh this morning

Thanks Mike!!

http://www.bluecorncomics.com/pics/archiebunker.jpg

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11