Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tool Tips

Tool Tips Here you will finds tips on using old tools, as well as the latest in new tools that you can use on your 'Bird's projects.

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

The advert for that HF compressor claims 80db - how "quiet" is the thing in real life? I have a very quiet, but tiny California air tool compressor, but I'd like the higher pressure.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
The advert for that HF compressor claims 80db - how "quiet" is the thing in real life? I have a very quiet, but tiny California air tool compressor, but I'd like the higher pressure.
I purchased this one:
https://www.harborfreight.com/2-gall...sor-64596.html

It is pretty darn quiet.. cannot compare to california compressor as I have never heard one before.. Only thing is this one only goes to 135... but I tweaked the pressure regulator up to 150.. the blow off on this tank is higher than that so it does fine.. I use mine to air up the bus when I want to get out early in the AM from a campground. I took the old battery heater connection in the engine compartment and put a receptacle in it, so I can plug in the air compressor. Its nice I can make sure the valves are open the night before and just flip the switch in the closet inside and it starts the air compressor, do not even have to go outside.
I then plumbed it into the air dryer so it goes through the air dryer. I put a check valve and a ball valve in there to isolate it. I will see if I can get some photos of the set up. Have been busy trying to wrap up some house hold projects I am getting caught up on.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740 (Sold)
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 3 Weeks Ago

[QUOTE=badandy;503981]The advert for that HF compressor claims 80db - how "quiet" is the thing in real life? I have a very quiet, but tiny California air tool compressor, but I'd like the higher pressure.[/QUOTE

It's no louder than any other old school technology air compressor. I'm not going to be embarrassed to fire it up at 8:00 am if needed. If mounted in a compartment, it'll be even less audible.
"GRIT"
Old 3 Weeks Ago

My HF was out of stock so they gave me a rain check to keep the same price. looking forward to it as it will run tools if needed as well. I found a completely enclosed storage so I can tinker with it and leave the tools where I leave off instead of having to put everything up as well as concrete floors, power and lighting.