Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > RV Products Review

RV Products Review Do you use or know of a RV related product that you would like to give us your opinion of good or bad, just list it here and be as descriptive as possible about it and be sure to tell us where we can purchase it at.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Starlink ! By Elon Munk

I ain't to smart ,,especially when it comes to confusers and Wifi (well, wifes for that matter) but Space X has been busy and Starlink is being rolled out as we speak and it seems intriguing but to me cornfusing too. It looks on the outside with all its BPS and LANS and satellites and no wires to run and voice commands ( hope they work better than wife commands) and all the bits runnin all over your house and rv that it maybe the future today. Greater minds than I must chime in .( Don Bradner?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201109-071401_Chrome.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	71839  
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."

Last edited by biobug; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:20 AM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

It's good tech, but currently limited to the very northen-most parts of the US. When they deploy it to the rest of the US/world it remains to be seen if they allow you to travel with it. The idea is to not allow its (over)use it in the cities and other population centers with plenty of other options. The system can't handle all that load in one area. I hope they offer an RV type plan that allows the traveling, but so far no word on it.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I did sign up on their system to be notified when it may be available for us country folk. Viasat Satellite internet is acceptable, except when it rains, and you don't mind sitting while a movie buffers, and come 5 pm, forget it when everyone else using that system comes home...Could go DSL over the telephone land line. I actually paid to have a phone installed at the house, as cell signal was weak also (didn't matter Verizon, T Mobile, ATT)

So I am hoping I can test Starlink when it is available further south than the Great Lakes. And maybe by then available for Wandering.