Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Welcome to the group Gene. I guess I never thought you would consider yourself a NW Ohio resident but if your brother lives and works up my way then I guess you spend a lot of time up in the NW part of Ohio

Anyway, feel free to stop by anytime if you head up to visit your brother. I'm pretty much on the way. As far as the S60 I think you should look at anything from '95 and up because that is when they were first put into a Wanderlodge. 3 years added to your list of potential buses will greatly improve your odds of finding what you want.

Not that the S60 isn't a great engine but don't overlook the Cummins. They are also considered an excellent motor by the guys on this forum. My M-11 seems to be a pretty good motor as do the others that are known to be in the other buses in this group. Just mentioning that to again expand you ability to find something that you may really like. I think Carmine used the words "let it speak to you." Not accusing him of plagory but I have said that same thing for nearly the last 13 years I have been on this forum. There are a lot of things that can be acceptable to you, if you just fall in love with it and know that it is the right coach for you. For many years I have read posts about people that wanted a certain color or floor plan or engine etc. etc. Well most anything can be put up with if you just fall in love with it. One last piece of advice. Let you wife be as involved in this process as she can possibly be. I bought my first coach when my wife and I were just dating. I came home one day and said, "Look what I bought." Don't get me wrong she liked it, but she always called it "My Bus". She enjoyed our trips and we always had fun but it was "My Bus" and I could feel she didn't feel like in was "Our Bus". So when we finally switched to a newer bus I told my wife, "Since the '93 was 'My Bus' you will pick this one. I don't care what engine it has, I don't care what color it is, I only care about one thing. Can we afford it." So she saw our current bus and just went totally nuts over it and we bought it. It was one of the best decisions of my life, next to picking her to be my wife. Her enjoyment with this bus has been a 180° over the other bus. That one thing, in and of itself, has made my enjoyment of the bus much more enjoyable, compared to the '93. So take it from a old geezer, the more you get your wife involved in this project the more you might like it. If I am speaking out of turn then excuse me, I just made note that you were talking about the "2 of us" so I assumed a wife may be involved. But should that not be the case then just keep this post in you memory bank for future reference.
Thanks for the input Jim!

I say NW Ohio not because I am there yet, but that's where we are most likely headed. My wife, yes that's the better half, is from that area and while my MIL is still living on her own at 87 the time is dwindling and I fully anticipate a relocation that direction in the first half of 2021 as well after being in west central Ohio for 20 years.

I agree there is nothing wrong with an ISM, but man the S60 is really hard to beat. The extra displacement means it's not tweaked quite as hard to get the extra horses. I also worked for a Detroit distributor in the past and have good connections there, so part of it is just a comfort level with my resources.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fred View Post
Welcome and good luck in your search. A couple of things that I would mention.
When you find a Bird that interests you you need to move quickly. A really good one with a documented history sometimes won't last a full day. Find out what you really want and contact Randy to watch for one.
Thanks Fred! If Randy has noticed an uptick in Buy Bye Blue Bird traffic it's just me checking every 10 minutes for new listings lol. Well that and the fact that I am quarantined in the bedroom fighting the Wuhan Flu bored out of my gourd. Day 8 and climbing the walls. All in all on the mild end with no real concerns other than blue screening my eyes to oblivion.
Old 4 Days Ago

03 Lx, Cummins, front slide. Very happy with it. Lots to do and it's a hobby. I grew up in family business that had a small fleet of trucks. Had our own garage. I do a lot of my work. Just older now and they still big and heavy parts so it's slow. Not 25 any more lol. Good luck, stay safe and you never know when the perfect coach might just drop out of the sky. Happened to me and it just happened to another here recently. Don't be surprised.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
03 Lx, Cummins, front slide. Very happy with it. Lots to do and it's a hobby. I grew up in family business that had a small fleet of trucks. Had our own garage. I do a lot of my work. Just older now and they still big and heavy parts so it's slow. Not 25 any more lol. Good luck, stay safe and you never know when the perfect coach might just drop out of the sky. Happened to me and it just happened to another here recently. Don't be surprised.
Thanks Chris! I know every engine manufacturer has it's fans, and there is no shortage of Cummins people out there. Won't rule it out if everything else is "perfect" of course.
Old 3 Days Ago

Hi Gene, welcome. I’m in nw Ohio as well. Several bird owners in the area as well as Ft. Wayne area.
8.3 Cummins
F110660
Old 3 Days Ago

There was beautiful 96 for sale a few weeks ago that I think is one of the cleanest bus I have seen around! Look on the for sale by owner section.

Welcome and good luck!

1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
There was beautiful 96 for sale a few weeks ago that I think is one of the cleanest bus I have seen around! Look on the for sale by owner section.

Welcome and good luck!
Thanks Shahin! I had overlooked that one because of my focus on the early 2000's, but I am looking for at least one slide.