Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 03-13-2014
Former Bird Owner

The schoolie looks like a nice roof-raise. Hopefully the build quality is as good as how the exterior looks (good welds, thoughtful bracing, etc.).

It seems to be a reasonable price for a partial build out. There is a LOT of interior work left to do. It is not unusual for a builder to become fatigued with a project.

As for horsepower, school and transit busses are often powered and geared for a maximum speed of 55~60 mph, since few of them have lengthy highway travel requirements. That does leave them a bit underpowered, if the axle ratio is modified to allow more comfortable cruising speed on the highway.

What I found especially interesting is that the transit coach next to the schoolie also appeared to be a Blue Bird (if I made out the lettering on the front). Could it be that the owner decided to dump the schoolie and do a transit bus instead? (Probably a wide body....)

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com
Old 03-13-2014

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64 View Post
53 foot are they that long? $35K for money WOW WEE
oops- 45 feet, 53,000 lbs.

$35K. yep.

glenn
Get a free night
(Only in your Wanderlodge!)
@
www.TexasStarRVranch.com
Old 03-13-2014

Love to see pictures of that one. I sorta lust after a prevost. I am convinced the BB is a much better coach when all is considered but I like the "looks" of the older Prevost coaches, those with the stainless sides. The newer ones don't do all that much for me but I am sure they are wonderfully fine machines.

Totally out of my reach financially. Doesn't stop me from stretching my neck when I see a nice one on the highways or parked some place.

I can't keep my wheels polished that stainless might be a negative if I owned one

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold