Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 03-07-2013

Talking Hello from Cliff!

Hi everyone, I am hoping to be a bus owner soon cor full time living, I can't say I know much about much but I got two ears for listening and learning, but where Live I don't know any bus people, so I guess the two eyes for reading!
I have it in my mind that i would like Wanderlodge, I have seen a lot of pictures and a few on ebay but none in person.
back in the day I used to ride a blue bird school bus and was one of the passengers in a complete roll over accident...ugly but the bus driver still had to knock the back window out so we kids could get out. windshield was still intact, the side windows I do not remember cuz they were on the bottom or the top of where I was.
I think I would like a wanderlodge.
of course I have my own ideas of what is perfect for me !
I bet I better go set up my signature too??
Old 03-08-2013
95 WB 42

Welcome Clifford
Good luck with your search check out BBBB the yellow banner at top of home page,some different Birds for sale there. You can also check vintagebirds.com to see almost all models and features.

1995 WB 42 Series 60
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell
Old 03-08-2013
Forum owner

Welcome to the zoo!
Theres some smart guys and gals here,all ready and willing to help you on your search for a bird.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-08-2013
Administrator

Welcome Cliff & All, Lots of new folks lately,

Glad you found us, Ask away, someone here can help & answer any questions
Old 03-08-2013

Glad your here Cliff. Looks like you will have to put some miles on to view a Wanderlodge or sit up on I 70 and catch them as they pass by.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-08-2013

Give us an idea of your requirements and your budget and we'll point you at them as they come along.

My personal opinion is that you what to buy a good one from a WOG member or thru Randy so that you get something worth while.

This is much like a classic car purchase if you've ever been in that game. The best buys are usually the ones as close to right as you can find, letting the other guy do the work. Not to say that you still will not have projects because that seems to never end. A full restoration on an old car usually results in having way more money invested then it could be expected to be sold for. Wanderlodges the same. Shop around find a good one at a fair price and you will be likely ahead of the game.

Keep a little money back for first year expenses as well. Most of us have found you need 5 to 10 big ones for the first year expenses. Tires alone can set a fellow back 5 to 6 easily.

Personally if I was buying I'd look at the BMC coach. Only negative is they don't have the vintage look that a lot of us seem to like but they are good values for the money. Relatively easily serviced and they drive super.

Nothing wrong with any of them but the newer buses are more complex often more expensive if something major is required.

Depends on your needs and desires. Just be aware that a cheap one is not always the best purchase. Parts and repairs unless you are extremely capable can quickly mount up.

Watch out for the rusty ones. Rust is hard to fight on a BB once it gets a grip.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 03-08-2013

Thanks everyone!
What I really want is a vehicle that I can full time live in with my wife.
When we started talking about an RV I was sure I wanted a gasoline engine with a stout transmition and run it on propane, at work there are some ford 460 engines with propane and turbo so that was my initial way of thinking. It seems that the diesel engines are the most popular in the bluebird's
I think that the 35 ~ 36 ish range would be a nice length, but 40 would give more room.
The price range that I am feeling good about is the high 20's or 30,000.
being financialy able to move on something as high as 30 will take a few more months to achieve.
The rear engine models would be quieter to drive I supose.
that is about all of the requirements that come to mind right off as we are very new to all of this.
thanks,
Cliff
Old 03-09-2013

Welcome Cliff. If you are interested in a BlueBird, you came to the right place.