Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 05-20-2013

Default FC Plumbing - Leaks? Leaks? We dont need no stinking leaks!

So, I've tracked down at least 3 leaks (frozen pipe leaks):

Shower cold water line
Washing Machine water line
Toilet

Gah!! I'm not sure that the previous owner ever used the water and clearly didnt winterize it. In any case i'm figuring out a path to keep things going for the summer. We are in full travel swing.

I'd like to cap off the shower and the washer (just under the sink). This way I wont need to fix them right away. I can actually see the burst line near the toilet so I can fix that. This way i'm really only missing the shower for now.

Would there be any drawbacks to this approach?

Then, when I get some time, i'll try to figure out a way to run pex to the shower (this seems nearly impossible). Suggestions would be welcome.

:-) still having tons of fun.

Ben
Old 05-20-2013

A suggestion...cap off the broken lines you don't need for now as you mentioned until time and opportunity allow you to address it.

Check the bathroom faucet and see if you can fit an adapter for a shower wand...just get a long hose for it and your showering (just run the hose over to the shower).

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79
Old 05-30-2013

I'm currently re-plumbing mine. the PO put rubber hose splices over all of the splits, what a mess! The up side of it all is I'll be able to scrap the brass & copper to pay for all of the PEX. I'm putting a bypass around the hot water tank and a tank bypass in mine so that I can fill it with anti freeze during inclement weather.

The hardest part of it all was getting the old copper out of it. there is an access panel in the wall above the shower/tub valve so getting in there was pretty easy.
Old 05-30-2013

I have completely replaced my fresh water system with PEX due to frozen lines. I also had to replace the fresh water tank, hot water heater and sink faucets. It takes time to complete but I like the results
Rich