Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 07-24-2013

Default NO COACH LOAD or AC Amperage on Leg 1 and Leg 2

"Next project.... figure out why I don’t have AC Amperage on Leg 1 and Leg 2 and no DC voltage on the Coach Load. What’s with that???"

I last used the air conditioners (3) with 50 amp shore power and while driving with the genie. I returned to the bus barn to store. Plugged in 50 amp service and completed my storage checklist. When I returned the TRACE was ticking but working properly - float charging and batteries at 100% but no COACH LOAD or AC Amps on Legs1 and 2 so no air conditioning. It's HOT in Memphis. The thermostat does not light up - we know why.

TROUBLE SHOOTING: Start at the post... re-plugged shoreline and flip breakers - tired. Re-plug shoreline in another breaker box (maybe bad 50 amp breaker?) - tired. Check master breaker box in coach - tired. Check all four panel boxes for blown fuses - tired. It's a sequence issue, stupid ? Check A/T and accessory switches - tired. Looked for A/B switch like on a boat - did not touch - that's for winterizing. This is something very simple. Please Help!

WWBD - What Would Bruce Do?

For more information please read:

What Every WANDERWoman Must Do.....

Posted on the Wanderlodge Forum July 24, 2013. Comments and photos can be read at http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=17257
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4740.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	23861   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4739.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	23862  

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 07-24-2013
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Sally, is your AC switches on the dash on?
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 07-24-2013

YES - all 3! They are almost on the arm rest. The dog always puts his head there and turns them off by accident. Please tell me they should be off but the were on in the campground when working?

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 07-24-2013

Check the sliding switch on the underside of the thermostat. It must be on to power the thermostat.(AKA Comfort Control Center) Next I would turn off, then back on, every breaker in your inside electrical panel to be sure none are tripped. They are sometimes hard to spot by just looking at them. Do this for the "main" double breaker in that panel as well. One side may be tripped.

Yes, the 3 switches for the air conditioners on the armrest have to be "on".
Old 07-24-2013

Thanks! I'll try that. Are the Air Conditioners all that is on LEG 1 and 2? Do I have to draw to show Amps? or Do I have to have Amps to draw power?

If I don't get this A/C running, I'm going to have to come up to Mohawk Mountain where snow making was invented. It's hot down here!!!

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 07-24-2013
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

You need the volts, the amps show as you add loads.
It looks like you have volts.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 07-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySummerlin View Post
Thanks! I'll try that. Are the Air Conditioners all that is on LEG 1 and 2? Do I have to draw to show Amps? or Do I have to have Amps to draw power?

If I don't get this A/C running, I'm going to have to come up to Mohawk Mountain where snow making was invented. It's hot down here!!!
I am 5 miles from Mohawk right now!

Your coach, when plugged into a 50 amp circuit actually has two 50 amp circuits. They are called Leg 1 and Leg 2. All of the electrical equipment is split up between the two legs, as evenly as possible. The amp meters show the amount of current (amps) that you are using. A few small loads will not even show on these meters.

You should be showing voltage on both leg 1 & 2 voltmeters. If still not showing after resetting the breakers, try starting the generator and let us know what happens. Note, there is a delay of about 1 minute after starting the gen before it connects.
Old 07-24-2013

Get the volts first so I show the load (amps). I remember watching the needles move when the air would kick in.

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 07-24-2013
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_man View Post
Check the sliding switch on the underside of the thermostat. It must be on to power the thermostat.(AKA Comfort Control Center) Next I would turn off, then back on, every breaker in your inside electrical panel to be sure none are tripped. They are sometimes hard to spot by just looking at them. Do this for the "main" double breaker in that panel as well. One side may be tripped.

Yes, the 3 switches for the air conditioners on the armrest have to be "on".

I agree with Rich, but might add I used to just flip the breaker ON thinking it was already in the OFF position and in fact it was in the TRIPPED position and by firmly pushing the breaker to FULL ON and then FULLY OFF was the correct way to RESET the breaker, then when I turned the breaker to FULL ON the breaker should work. When it is TRIPPED the breaker lever will sometimes have a little wiggle to and doesn't feel as firm as it would normally be and it then needs to be reset.

Sally and I had a long conversation yesterday and I told her that I can find a lot of related threads and posts on WOG, but when it comes to the newer 'Birds I really don't have the first hand knowledge and asked her to post this problem on WOG and that the members would help much more than I could and you guys are proving me right.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 07-24-2013

I last used the air conditioners (3) with 50 amp shore power and while driving with the genie. I returned to the bus barn to store. Plugged in 50 amp service and completed my storage checklist. When I returned the TRACE was ticking but working properly - float charging and batteries at 100% but no COACH LOAD or AC Amps on Legs1 and 2 so no air conditioning. It's HOT in Memphis. The thermostat does not light up - we know why.

TRANSFER SWITCH?
I have forgotten to change it when putting coach in shop - plugged in shore power - wonder why I gots no a/c in coach
"Bordering On Adequate"