Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > RV Products Review

RV Products Review Do you use or know of a RV related product that you would like to give us your opinion of good or bad, just list it here and be as descriptive as possible about it and be sure to tell us where we can purchase it at.

Site Search:

Old 06-04-2017

Default Vinyl Bra For Wanderlodge LXI by Golden Horizon

So I bought a 1999 LXI in January of 2017 with about 76000 miles on her, so not bad. The only apparent problem with the outside was the fact that the front clear bra, that the factory had put on I suspect, was cracking all over. I spent 90 hours removing the clear bra with plastic spatulas and when it was done, the paint was in pretty good shape, although I did have to wet sand some small areas. Once the clear bra was removed, I set out to find an outfit that would make a vinyl bra for the Wanderlodge. I found this place out of Anaheim California called Golden Horizon, so I called them and they confirmed that they had the pattern for the LXI. As a matter a fact the LXI is on the back of their brochure. I ordered it and they built it and had it delivered in two weeks. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to put the Bra on, as a bunch of securing mechanisms have to be screwed into the front of the coach, but it performed excellent on the first trip with it. Their number is 714-883-1894 and their web address is www.goldenhorizonrv.com. For a picture, see the back of their brochure and maybe it may be on their web site.
Old 06-04-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alustiza View Post
So I bought a 1999 LXI in January of 2017 with about 76000 miles on her, so not bad. The only apparent problem with the outside was the fact that the front clear bra, that the factory had put on I suspect, was cracking all over. I spent 90 hours removing the clear bra with plastic spatulas and when it was done, the paint was in pretty good shape, although I did have to wet sand some small areas. Once the clear bra was removed, I set out to find an outfit that would make a vinyl bra for the Wanderlodge. I found this place out of Anaheim California called Golden Horizon, so I called them and they confirmed that they had the pattern for the LXI. As a matter a fact the LXI is on the back of their brochure. I ordered it and they built it and had it delivered in two weeks. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to put the Bra on, as a bunch of securing mechanisms have to be screwed into the front of the coach, but it performed excellent on the first trip with it. Their number is 714-883-1894 and their web address is www.goldenhorizonrv.com. For a picture, see the back of their brochure and maybe it may be on their web site.
You know the deal,without PICs,it never happened!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-04-2017

I agree with Randy. Without pics.... I would love to see yours since the front of my coach is an eyesore. However, I plan on redoing my front fascia since I need new amber lenses and they are no longer available. I may have one custom made. Would you mind sharing the price?

David & Nicole Stokes
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 06-04-2017

I knew I couldn't get away without a picture, so here it is. This is directly from there brochure. The strip was an additional charge, so I just go the plain black.Click image for larger version

Name:	Bra.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	49282
Old 06-04-2017
Forum owner

Dave,you need to ditch those ugly ambers and put some LEDs up front,i have the headlight doors in stock.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-04-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
I knew I couldn't get away without a picture, so here it is. This is directly from there brochure. The strip was an additional charge, so I just go the plain black.Attachment 49282
Thats not a picture!
you stole it!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Dave,you need to ditch those ugly ambers and put some LEDs up front,i have the headlight doors in stock.
I totally agree! I will be picking up a set from you soon. I just have to decide what direction I am going to take. KC and I were chatting while he was working on his and he was going to help with mine after he finished his up. I think I am now leaning towards the Foretravel look. Simple 4" LED amber next to the simple round headlights. Here are a couple of bra pics from the website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1e43bcf9957214012da02e2a56f74f6f.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	49283   Click image for larger version

Name:	329cd1bde0aade7563a9703d5a9f8f4c.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	49284  

David & Nicole Stokes
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 06-05-2017

Quote:
I'm in the long process of removing my 3M shield, what did you use to remove the adhesive after you scraped off the plastic bra?
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 06-05-2017
Forum owner

I use Liquid Wrench.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I use Liquid Wrench.
I'll give it a try, I've used:
3M Adhesive Remover
Goo Gone gel
Mineral spirits
Goo Gone works, but it requires several applications.
Thx
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats