Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-11-2009

Default Fuel pick up problem

My old gasser has 2 tanks both hold 55 gallons of fuel. My rear tank is just fine but my front tank seems to stop delivering fuel to the motor at half a tank.I geuss this means ive gotta remove the tank and take a look see unless anyone else has a suggestion---Thanks Rob
Old 06-11-2009
2nd Generation Bird Owner

Rob, many moons ago when my parents had there 69 Bird they had the same issue with the front tank. We dropped the tank and checked the fuel pickup tube and it was OK. Upon further investigation we discovered that the front fuel pump would work till it got warm and it would quit, but once it cooled off again it would work again. You might want to make sure when it seems like it is not getting fuel that you can here the front fuel pump clicking. You should be able to here it clearly if you stand along the drivers side couch just forward of the bathroom.
Cell: 410-240-6326 Verizon