Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Transmission

Transmission Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's transmission.

Site Search:

Old 09-17-2009

Default Manuals from Allison

The PO had the wrong manuals for this bird. Allison's website only has current manuals. Called Allison with the model and s/n; they cheerfully looked up the manual number (OM2157EN for our HD4060P transmission). Then went back to their website and searched the manual. It is available for download free, as is a mechanic's tips manual. Or you can order a hard copy. In the case of the latter, it is only $4.00, but the shipping is about $7.00 and the handling fee is $5.00.

I don't know what the manuals the PO left are for, but if you recognize them and could use them, let me know and I will mail them to you. They are the "Operator's Manual for MT(B), HT(B), CT Series Electronic Controls Transmissions", publication number SA 1957D and dated 4/90.
Old 09-18-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
The PO had the wrong manuals for this bird. Allison's website only has current manuals. Called Allison with the model and s/n; they cheerfully looked up the manual number (OM2157EN for our HD4060P transmission). Then went back to their website and searched the manual. It is available for download free, as is a mechanic's tips manual. Or you can order a hard copy. In the case of the latter, it is only $4.00, but the shipping is about $7.00 and the handling fee is $5.00.

I don't know what the manuals the PO left are for, but if you recognize them and could use them, let me know and I will mail them to you. They are the "Operator's Manual for MT(B), HT(B), CT Series Electronic Controls Transmissions", publication number SA 1957D and dated 4/90.

Ron,

Do you have a link to the manual that can be downloaded if so please post it here and I will add it into our Database.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 09-18-2009

www.allisontransmission.com/publications. You can search publications by number or by transmission series. However, it does not teell you what year or by serial number. For that you have to call Allison, provide the model and s/n, and they will tell you the manual number. Seems odd they don't have the search function by serial number.
Old 09-18-2009

Ive been to that site - the service manuals are for sale. Only things like operators manuals are free for download...

/Joe

'93 WB40, Alligator - FOR SALE!
Sedona, AZ
Fun-Fun-Fun Till they take the BlueBird Away!