Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-29-2008
RV Appraiser

Default Wanted BBW 1200 Battery Charger

Does anyone have a functional BBW 1200 battery charger AKA the battery boiler lying around. I think mine is about to bite the bullet. I would much rather be able to remove & replace for the time being. You can email me direct if you like I can be reached at john@mcginnisauctions.com.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 05-08-2008
RV Appraiser

Well since my old battery boiler bit the dust and I couldn't find another I replaced it with a Progessive Dynamics Inteli-Power 80 amp smart charger. It took me about an hour to remove and replace the unit. I used the original cables and soldered lugs and mounted the charger to the compartment wall. It puts out just like it should 13.6 volts under normal conditions and I'm told it is better on my batteries then the old unit.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 05-09-2008

I do have a spare boiler. It was working but not well.I am told it is a diode that causes the problem. I replaced both the boiler and the factory inverter with a Xantrex. I did not throw it out as I figured someone could use it. It is still in Mexico and I could easily take it to Tucson and ship it. BUT although I dont want anything for this beast it is **** heavy and the freight would be terrible. If anyone wants it and maybe has a friend or relative in Tucson I would gladly drop it off in the fall.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 05-09-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
I do have a spare boiler. It was working but not well.I am told it is a diode that causes the problem. I replaced both the boiler and the factory inverter with a Xantrex. I did not throw it out as I figured someone could use it. It is still in Mexico and I could easily take it to Tucson and ship it. BUT although I dont want anything for this beast it is **** heavy and the freight would be terrible. If anyone wants it and maybe has a friend or relative in Tucson I would gladly drop it off in the fall.
I have a friend that is legally blind, but he is an electronics nut and he waas facinated by them, so he repaired both of my BATTERY BOILERS for the parts price only, I gave him one of them for his labor and he fixed the other one up for me to carry as a spare battery charger, for emergency use, or to loan out when needed.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11