Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems

Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems Here you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about the operating systems on a 'Bird. If you have one that you think should be added place it in here.

Site Search:

Old 01-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Melvin, all the propane detectors are located at a low point in the galley. Usually below the fridge and some at the rear of the booth seat, which is next to the fridge. But you have a Royal interior not Blue Bird so what their rational is about putting it where a chair can hit it is unclear. Maybe you can relocate it or figure out a way to keep the chair leg from hitting the button. Maybe make a cover out of that black punched steel https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...ml%3B310%3B280

It would allow fumes to still be detected but protect the button.
That is a good idea. Even just a U shaped rod would stop the chair leg from hitting it. It is located on the heater chase, just a bit in front of the refrigerator, on the passenger side. EVERY time you slide the kitchen table chair back, you need to be aware of it.

The sensor being down low is fine. It is the switch that sticks out that is the problem! One needs to worry about either breaking it off, or turning the propane off by accident. A refrigerator and freezer full of warm food is NOT good.

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB
Old 06-27-2015
Resident Rookie

Melvin, I put a piece of plexiglass over the switch with 3/4 inch standoffs so it would be almost teenager proof. Had a hole for the push button switch.

My gas sensor keeps going off on this trip and I do not smell propane and my ultrasonic leak detector does not indicate a leak under the frig. I may take it apart and see why the sensor thinks it smells propane...maybe a new FireBoy-Zintex is in the near future!
Argyle, Texas
940-300-5257

FMCA #72567, WL #1986, Vintage Birds # 345,
IBA #11205
Old 06-27-2015
Old Fart

Someone told me years ago to vacuum the sensor. It hasn't gone off once since then....still works when the cat goes past it and farts, it goes off and scares the cat!!!!
In a horse barn with hookups for the winter

I'm so thankful that I had a childhood before technology took over...
Old 06-27-2015
Resident Rookie

Thanks Bob, I will try that!
Argyle, Texas
940-300-5257

FMCA #72567, WL #1986, Vintage Birds # 345,
IBA #11205