Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 5 Days Ago

Default HWH jack - disable warning buzzer

Can anyone describe theory of operation for the warning buzzer? I managed to destroy my left rear jack. It has been removed and I need to silence the buzzer. I expected to find a prox switch but no joy. The hydraulic line and associated electrical component are now exposed. It looks like that component is a mercury switch, so I figured if I elevated it to the horizontal the buzzer would stop.

What’s the workaround? Maybe a fuse or circuit breaker? Or snip the wires, but am afraid that will do more damage than good when it comes times to install the new jack stand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14268EED-9A89-4C96-9321-F0C6804EC9A3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	57798  

Roy Malmberg
Crawfordville, Fl
86FC31
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAIRODOXIES View Post
Can anyone describe theory of operation for the warning buzzer? I managed to destroy my left rear jack. It has been removed and I need to silence the buzzer. I expected to find a prox switch but no joy. The hydraulic line and associated electrical component are now exposed. It looks like that component is a mercury switch, so I figured if I elevated it to the horizontal the buzzer would stop.

What’s the workaround? Maybe a fuse or circuit breaker? Or snip the wires, but am afraid that will do more damage than good when it comes times to install the new jack stand.
Track down the buzzer and disconnect the +.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 5 Days Ago

Interesting...as far as I know, on our '85 FC we have the dash warning lights, but no audible alarm/buzzer for the HWH jacks. The mercury switch is what activates our "jacks down" lights on the dash - know that cause I've played with one.

My dash area audible alarms are for low air (brakes), the shore power cord, and the Kysor system (coolant low, coolant overheat, etc.).

Where exactly is the buzzer located in relation to dash?

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79
Old 5 Days Ago

Interestingly enough rotating the mercury switch vertically stops the alarm. I’ll have to get back to you on the location of the buzzer - need to see if the Vikes can close this gap!

Roy Malmberg
Crawfordville, Fl
86FC31
Old 5 Days Ago

Default Update

As near as I can tell, the buzzer is located “above” the brake pedal but I cannot touch it or see it. May have to open up the left front headlight to get at it.

Roy Malmberg
Crawfordville, Fl
86FC31
Old 5 Days Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAIRODOXIES View Post
As near as I can tell, the buzzer is located “above” the brake pedal but I cannot touch it or see it. May have to open up the left front headlight to get at it.

Yep,open the front and they will be above the skinny pedal.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com