Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 6 Days Ago

I was unable to stop the leak. Further, with the bowl off, there is a foam filter inside. Mine was completely disintegrated into yellow dust. It looks like it should be replaceable, but I couldn't find a source, so with the leak and the bad filter, it's being replaced.
Old 6 Days Ago

Thanks for the link, think I’ll be ordering 2 spares for my spare parts kit.
Body #234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
214-729-1384
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2x4drvr View Post
Thanks for the link, think I’ll be ordering 2 spares for my spare parts kit.
Wait until I get them. My coach has a regulator and a mist separator. There's one code for the regulator I think "NAW" IIRC, and another code for the mist separator, NAFM. I ordered a plain filter, code NAF. It should have the bowl I need, but will be slightly different. They do have the NAFM, if you want the entire assembly for $45 and I think they also have the regulator.. BTW, the price dropped to $30 today, so it's jumped 3 times in 2 days.

I'll post when I get it about how it differs.
Old 3 Days Ago

The part I ordered is estimated to arrive in October, so I did some more analysis of the manifold leak. It definitely moved when I moved the bowl, so I pulled off the valve at the button and installed an O-ring and bolt to make a plug. But that didn't fix it. It had to be in the bowl itself.

Finally, I looked over the acrylic bowl with a magnifying glass. There was a 1/4" long vertical stress crack in it near the top. You could only see it at one angle. I got some thin plastic sheet, cut a 1"x3" patch, covered it with epoxy and glued it on the inside of the bowl, forming an internal band patch. The patch was only at the top of the bowl, so it didn't interfere with the sliding piston and valve inside.

Putting back the bottom valve and press fitting it back into the bottom black button was the only tricky part. It has to be pressed from the top, without damaging a precision opening that's on the top of the valve. The opening is drilled into a small bump on the top of the brass valve body, so you can't tap on it directly. I used a small 4 mm 1/4" drive socket on an extension and tapped on the extension. The socket pressed on the brass around the precision opening, without damaging it, and pushed the bottom of the valve body back into the black plastic button.

It doesn't leak anymore! I'll swap this repaired bowl out for the new one, when it arrives, and keep it as a spare.
Old 3 Days Ago

Don’t know about mist separators vs regulators, but 3 years ago this worked. The water drain port was leaking on mine. Replacement had exactly the same bowl and screw-in bell housing so no need to replace the whole thing. They are still commonly available so I didn’t stock up Lance. Got mine off eBay for less $ and the SMC pic looks a little different, but I think this is the same - https://www.smcpneumatics.com/NAF2000-N02D-C.html

With these coaches JBWeld and Super Glue are must toolbox carry’s. A hot glue gun also comes in handy
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Don’t know about mist separators vs regulators, but 3 years ago this worked. The water drain port was leaking on mine. Replacement had exactly the same bowl and screw-in bell housing so no need to replace the whole thing. They are still commonly available so I didn’t stock up Lance. Got mine off eBay for less $ and the SMC pic looks a little different, but I think this is the same - https://www.smcpneumatics.com/NAF2000-N02D-C.html

With these coaches JBWeld and Super Glue are must toolbox carry’s. A hot glue gun also comes in handy
If you go to that link and get their pdf catalog on that page you find the AF series air filter and the AFM series mist separator. I suspect the only difference is in the filter cartridge. I considered going ebay, but all I could find that was cheaper was used and at the time I wasn't sure what was wrong and what I needed.

BTW, SMC sells the filter separately. It's part # is AFM20P-060AS. It's designed to remove oil from the air and has a micron filter. Tech support says to change it yearly ... for $13.

Last edited by RVinCT; 2 Days Ago at 03:47 PM.