Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Vehicle Issues

Vehicle Issues Frequently asked questions about vehicles, parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting

Site Search:

Old 03-10-2009

Default shock mount

Here we are 700 mi. into our first trip "out" We just discovered that the curb side shock mount has broken away from the bottom of the spring plate.
I guess I will be getting my "trial by fire" Luckily we are close to 195 Ashland Va ( close to Richmond) and should be able to find some help nearby.
Boy, and I thought the newly discovered no hot water or no furnace heat were trouble!!!

1973 31FC
Cape Cod MA
Old 03-10-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suska View Post
Here we are 700 mi. into our first trip "out" We just discovered that the curb side shock mount has broken away from the bottom of the spring plate.
I guess I will be getting my "trial by fire" Luckily we are close to 195 Ashland Va ( close to Richmond) and should be able to find some help nearby.
Boy, and I thought the newly discovered no hot water or no furnace heat were trouble!!!

Suska,

I had the same thing happen to my 'Bird and I had Randy weld it back in place and then he added some gussets to the mount, as it looked like it had been broken previously and welded back in place.

I see a potential candidate for the BROKEN BUT HERE award to be given out again at 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) that is unless Heck-man would like to get in the running for the award again this year, don't forget to bring it with you John.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BROKEN BUT HERE AWARD.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1590  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-11-2009

Let's hope that by the time Maxton rolls around the problems are all history. I am afraid the bus will take offense at being awarded the Broken But Here award two years running. But, then consider she is the likely the oldest one attending (by a significant margin) and she should be darned proud of that. I'll have the plaque with me and who knows, I might get it awarded to the Bella. You never know. Hard as a fellow tries you never can take it as a given that "poop" won't happen.

The good news is that in spite of the aggravation of it the problems have always been relatively minor. She never let me sit along the road so I am both thankful and optimistic for Suska.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold