Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 05-19-2019

AWESOME! that's a great feeling. congrats
How did the cruise work?

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 05-19-2019
Administrator

Yeah All good, it only took 680 posts
Old 05-19-2019

I didnt drive it again. I will this week hopefully. Ive still got 400 posts or more to go before the bus is "done".
Old 05-23-2019

Cruise works! On the first try, but it's a little laggy on the set for some reason. If I drive 45, rock the toggle to set it, it sets to 40. Maybe I forgot to adjust the slack in the cable. Accel/resume/brake apply all work perfectly and it holds speed perfectly, including the hills where there's enough power to. I have to rework the cooling fan switch tomorrow and I'll go for a much longer drive then. I got a 180 on/173 off normally open switch and I'm wiring it to the NC contacts of a sealed relay. This should work perfectly with the 170 thermostats.
Old 05-23-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Cruise works! On the first try, but it's a little laggy on the set for some reason. If I drive 45, rock the toggle to set it, it sets to 40. Maybe I forgot to adjust the slack in the cable. Accel/resume/brake apply all work perfectly and it holds speed perfectly, including the hills where there's enough power to. I have to rework the cooling fan switch tomorrow and I'll go for a much longer drive then. I got a 180 on/173 off normally open switch and I'm wiring it to the NC contacts of a sealed relay. This should work perfectly with the 170 thermostats.
Thats very cool.
That cruse control should be a very popular item,should you market it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-23-2019

Great news on the cruise control! Awesome
Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 05-23-2019

I went out and adjusted the cable - it doesn't want any slack at idle - and it's dead on now. It works perfectly great! I only got about 20 miles on it tonight, but no weirdness at all. It uses the stock rocker switches, same functions, too. If you wanted to be fancy you could run a wire up to a light on the dash to tell you when it's engaged, too.
Old 05-23-2019
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
In my fridge at home, which is built in to a cabinet, the heat exchanger is underneath (I believe) and exits in to the room under the fridge.
Is your fridge's heat exchanger in the rear?
I believe all house type fridges have little air gap in the rear and exchange with ambient air on the floor. Plenty designed for cabinet depth installs, which zero space and effectively zero airflow.
Then again, I'd suspect you know at least as much about this as me :-)
When selecting a home unit for you bus read the install manuals as most are not zero clearance. This model (Frigidaire FFET1222UV) requires 3" sides and top and 4" back.

Installation clearances
• Allow the following clearances for ease
of installation, proper air circulation, and
plumbing and electrical connections:
Sides & Top 3 inches
Back 4 inches

the addition of venting fans will help. I also agree blocking off the exterior and using inside ambient is better, especially here in Arizona. All the models I've seen lately have the condenser coils integrated with the side to radiate heat. I sure miss the old units with coils in the back, install a small fan and you were good then.
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 05-23-2019

Mine's installed already and it's tight on the sides, maybe 1/2" on one side and 1/4" on the other. It has tons of room on the bottom and top and about 2-3" rear. I have it set to medium on the temps and in the hot/cold temp swings it seems to be doing well. The fridge stays 37-39ish, and that is with a half-drank 12 pack of pop in it, nothing else. I was trying to compare the power usage to the Energystar stuff, but I got distracted and didn't do it. It doesn't cycle much.
Old 05-24-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I went out and adjusted the cable - it doesn't want any slack at idle - and it's dead on now. It works perfectly great! I only got about 20 miles on it tonight, but no weirdness at all. It uses the stock rocker switches, same functions, too. If you wanted to be fancy you could run a wire up to a light on the dash to tell you when it's engaged, too.
OK Stick, time to drive to Delavan!
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 96k
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others