Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-15-2019

Default Lost a Bolt - Tag Axle

Getting ready to head south so I thought it might be good to look under the bus to check things out, all good no leaks, then I noticed on the trailing arm for the tag I’m missing a bolt! each side has two or should I say should have two.I take a measurement looks to be 7 inches long by 1 .1/4inches in diameter that’s a big bolt must be important. Friday 3 o’clock jump in the car drive to the bolt supply shop and 1hour round trip,44 dollars later ,bolt in hand i’m under the bus big smile on my face put it in the hole but the bolt it’s too small,Time to get some better measurements so now it looks like it’s 7 inches long by one and three eights inch in diameter because one and a half inches won’t fit into the hole will not fit into the hole bolt stores closed for the weekend .Phone my Bluebird buddy to see what light he could shed on the matter,his first words were did you check WOG I Searched and searched but could not get the right answer so now I’m asking the group to see if anyone knows the correct size
Old 09-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjuice View Post
Getting ready to head south so I thought it might be good to look under the bus to check things out, all good no leaks, then I noticed on the trailing arm for the tag I’m missing a bolt! each side has two or should I say should have two.I take a measurement looks to be 7 inches long by 1 .1/4inches in diameter that’s a big bolt must be important. Friday 3 o’clock jump in the car drive to the bolt supply shop and 1hour round trip,44 dollars later ,bolt in hand i’m under the bus big smile on my face put it in the hole but the bolt it’s too small,Time to get some better measurements so now it looks like it’s 7 inches long by one and three eights inch in diameter because one and a half inches won’t fit into the hole will not fit into the hole bolt stores closed for the weekend .Phone my Bluebird buddy to see what light he could shed on the matter,his first words were did you check WOG I Searched and searched but could not get the right answer so now I’m asking the group to see if anyone knows the correct size
Why don't you just measure the one on the other side???
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-15-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
I willbet its a special bolt,Ridewell liked special bolts.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-15-2019
Forum owner

Quote:

Take a pic and post it here so we can see just what bolt your missing.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-15-2019
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
I know you said a 1 ½ inch bolt won’t fit the hole but if it’s one of the bolts that it appears you’re talking about, I think you’ll find that they are 1 ½” bolts.

1 ½” - 6 X 7”
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 09-15-2019

Default Bolt hole

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...1&d=1568598439
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...1&d=1568598592
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	44D60C01-37EB-42B0-AF4F-CA5BF5348E78.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	64162   Click image for larger version

Name:	046901BD-C560-4ADC-A311-1037515F2005.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	64163  
Old 09-15-2019
Forum owner

Its going to be a speacial machined bolt.
Call Ridewell.
I may have one but i'm not sure i can get it out.
(bad shoulder).

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-16-2019
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Its going to be a speacial machined bolt.
Call Ridewell.
I may have one but i'm not sure i can get it out.
(bad shoulder).
The bolts don’t really look special to me but just in case they are, here are what I think are good Ridewell numbers for the Bolts and the Anti-Turn washers that go with them.

1130670B105 HHCS 1-1/2"-6NC x 7" LG GR 5 ZINC PLATED
1160673B000 WASHER. INT. TOOTH. LOCK. 1 1/2"
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 09-16-2019

Looks like you are going to need to loosen it all up and get it back in alignment before you can push the 1.5” bolt through the hole. Get a chamfered piece of 1.5” rod and hammer it in the hole if it won’t move easily. I had to do that when I replaced the bushings on my BMC tag.

Be careful working under there. Use adequate stands or supports.

Max.

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift
Old 09-16-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
The bolts don’t really look special to me but just in case they are, here are what I think are good Ridewell numbers for the Bolts and the Anti-Turn washers that go with them.

1130670B105 HHCS 1-1/2"-6NC x 7" LG GR 5 ZINC PLATED
1160673B000 WASHER. INT. TOOTH. LOCK. 1 1/2"

And they may not be a machined bolt.
Let us know.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com