Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help

Forum Help Get help here if you're having trouble using the forum

Site Search:

Old 02-07-2017

Looks like there was some corruption of the backup. Going to see if I can attempt a second recovery to a different location and then just merge in the missing photos. Will advise...
Old 02-08-2017

1 pic = 1,000 words. Hope Mark's successful!
Old 02-09-2017

I was able to recover about 1,100 more pictures, but that's all the backup seems to contain. Not sure where the other missing pictures are, but I am working on a new backup system that should be more robust so this type of thing can't happen in the future.
Old 02-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTTU View Post
I was able to recover about 1,100 more pictures, but that's all the backup seems to contain. Not sure where the other missing pictures are, but I am working on a new backup system that should be more robust so this type of thing can't happen in the future.
Mark,
Just a question. I have posted pics and they didn't get lost, but mine never appear on the post as an attachment or thumbnails. They are just a picture and not framed like some. Is there something about the nature of those thumbnails that allows them to get lost like this? Since mine didn't, I was just wondering and also if that information would help you in your recovery of those that were lost.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 02-09-2017
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Pictures that I posted before 2-10-16 all appear to be ok... Pictures that I have posted since 2-26-16 all appear to be missing.
Quote:
Looks like there was some corruption of the backup. Going to see if I can attempt a second recovery to a different location and then just merge in the missing photos. Will advise...
Quote:
I initially thought that only pictures were missing – upon a closer look, it appears that everything I’ve uploaded between February of last year and just a few days ago, is missing – that’s jpg's, pdf’s, zipped folders, etc...... If everyone else who has uploaded jpg's, pdf's, etc. is in the same boat, there must be many thousands of missing files!

Hopefully they are not lost - maybe it's just that the program is looking for them in the wrong place since the hard drive failure?

Please keep looking Mark - this is a major oops!!
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 02-09-2017

Is the recent server crash also preventing the upload of new photos? I couldn't upload a photo attachment yesterday nor today.
Old 02-09-2017

Unhappy Loss of these pics & other attachments is BAD!

Quote:
Keep looking Mark, they are out there somewhere. If not...

Like others I have posted hundreds of pictures as Attachments on the WOG, primarily to illustrate technical descriptions of my coach updates. Without pictures, those descriptions will be far less useful to a coach owner who is looking to follow the steps I've described. This loss is indeed bad news not only for us but also for future generations of bird owners who will certainly follow after us!

All of the pictures that I previously posted which you say are now lost, still reside on my iCloud account. Is there a way to repost these pictures permanently without running the risk they will again be lost? Does inline picture posting (as opposed to attachment style) solve future WOG loss vulnerability?
Old 02-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Mark,
Just a question. I have posted pics and they didn't get lost, but mine never appear on the post as an attachment or thumbnails. They are just a picture and not framed like some. Is there something about the nature of those thumbnails that allows them to get lost like this? Since mine didn't, I was just wondering and also if that information would help you in your recovery of those that were lost.
I'm not sure why yours don't work like everyone else's. Are you just using the manage attachments option below the reply to thread button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
I initially thought that only pictures were missing – upon a closer look, it appears that everything I’ve uploaded between February of last year and just a few days ago, is missing – that’s jpg's, pdf’s, zipped folders, etc...... If everyone else who has uploaded jpg's, pdf's, etc. is in the same boat, there must be many thousands of missing files!

Hopefully they are not lost - maybe it's just that the program is looking for them in the wrong place since the hard drive failure?

Please keep looking Mark - this is a major oops!!
Well **** I'm going to see if I can pull anything off either of the two failed drives. FYI, the issue was both drives in the RAID array failed at the same time. Not supposed to happen like that and statistically basically impossible, but that's what we had happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Is the recent server crash also preventing the upload of new photos? I couldn't a photo attachment yesterday nor today.
Hmmm... I was able to attach this photo. Are you getting an error message of some kind?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB180119.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	47358  
Old 02-09-2017
Forum owner

i posted pics a few days ago Kev,lets see if i can tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050319.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	47359  

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Keep looking Mark, they are out there somewhere. If not...

Like others I have posted hundreds of pictures as Attachments on the WOG, primarily to illustrate technical descriptions of my coach updates. Without pictures, those descriptions will be far less useful to a coach owner who is looking to follow the steps I've described. This loss is indeed bad news not only for us but also for future generations of bird owners who will certainly follow after us!

All of the pictures that I previously posted which you say are now lost, still reside on my iCloud account. Is there a way to repost these pictures permanently without running the risk they will again be lost? Does inline picture posting (as opposed to attachment style) solve future WOG loss vulnerability?
We can go back and edit posts to attach new pictures, but let me see if I can work some magic with the failed drives first.

How do you do in-line picture posting? Is the picture hosted on a photo sharing site and you just post a link to it?