Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help

Forum Help Get help here if you're having trouble using the forum

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-07-2017
MarkTTU MarkTTU is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lubbock
Posts: 131
Default

Looks like there was some corruption of the backup. Going to see if I can attempt a second recovery to a different location and then just merge in the missing photos. Will advise...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-2017
NoGas's Avatar
NoGas NoGas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DFW & PHX
Posts: 1,974
Default

1 pic = 1,000 words. Hope Mark's successful!
__________________
Van & Toni in TX & AZ
2004 M380 DS & 2013 Fiat 500 Pop
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-09-2017
MarkTTU MarkTTU is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lubbock
Posts: 131
Default

I was able to recover about 1,100 more pictures, but that's all the backup seems to contain. Not sure where the other missing pictures are, but I am working on a new backup system that should be more robust so this type of thing can't happen in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-09-2017
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTTU View Post
I was able to recover about 1,100 more pictures, but that's all the backup seems to contain. Not sure where the other missing pictures are, but I am working on a new backup system that should be more robust so this type of thing can't happen in the future.
Mark,
Just a question. I have posted pics and they didn't get lost, but mine never appear on the post as an attachment or thumbnails. They are just a picture and not framed like some. Is there something about the nature of those thumbnails that allows them to get lost like this? Since mine didn't, I was just wondering and also if that information would help you in your recovery of those that were lost.
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-09-2017
Dieselbird01's Avatar
Dieselbird01 Dieselbird01 is offline
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Titusville
Posts: 3,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Pictures that I posted before 2-10-16 all appear to be ok... Pictures that I have posted since 2-26-16 all appear to be missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTTU View Post
Looks like there was some corruption of the backup. Going to see if I can attempt a second recovery to a different location and then just merge in the missing photos. Will advise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTTU View Post
I was able to recover about 1,100 more pictures, but that's all the backup seems to contain. Not sure where the other missing pictures are, but I am working on a new backup system that should be more robust so this type of thing can't happen in the future.
I initially thought that only pictures were missing – upon a closer look, it appears that everything I’ve uploaded between February of last year and just a few days ago, is missing – that’s jpg's, pdf’s, zipped folders, etc...... If everyone else who has uploaded jpg's, pdf's, etc. is in the same boat, there must be many thousands of missing files!

Hopefully they are not lost - maybe it's just that the program is looking for them in the wrong place since the hard drive failure?

Please keep looking Mark - this is a major oops!!
__________________
John Wyatt
Titusville, Florida
1991 40' WLWB-WTB
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-09-2017
Kev's Avatar
Kev Kev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fulltimers
Posts: 564
Default

Is the recent server crash also preventing the upload of new photos? I couldn't upload a photo attachment yesterday nor today.
__________________
Kevin & Kerry
1997 WLWB 43' "BB Belle"
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-09-2017
NoGas's Avatar
NoGas NoGas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DFW & PHX
Posts: 1,974
Unhappy Loss of these pics & other attachments is BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTTU View Post
I was able to recover about 1,100 more pictures, but that's all the backup seems to contain. Not sure where the other missing pictures are, but I am working on a new backup system that should be more robust so this type of thing can't happen in the future.
Keep looking Mark, they are out there somewhere. If not...

Like others I have posted hundreds of pictures as Attachments on the WOG, primarily to illustrate technical descriptions of my coach updates. Without pictures, those descriptions will be far less useful to a coach owner who is looking to follow the steps I've described. This loss is indeed bad news not only for us but also for future generations of bird owners who will certainly follow after us!

All of the pictures that I previously posted which you say are now lost, still reside on my iCloud account. Is there a way to repost these pictures permanently without running the risk they will again be lost? Does inline picture posting (as opposed to attachment style) solve future WOG loss vulnerability?
__________________
Van & Toni in TX & AZ
2004 M380 DS & 2013 Fiat 500 Pop
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-09-2017
MarkTTU MarkTTU is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lubbock
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Mark,
Just a question. I have posted pics and they didn't get lost, but mine never appear on the post as an attachment or thumbnails. They are just a picture and not framed like some. Is there something about the nature of those thumbnails that allows them to get lost like this? Since mine didn't, I was just wondering and also if that information would help you in your recovery of those that were lost.
I'm not sure why yours don't work like everyone else's. Are you just using the manage attachments option below the reply to thread button?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
I initially thought that only pictures were missing – upon a closer look, it appears that everything I’ve uploaded between February of last year and just a few days ago, is missing – that’s jpg's, pdf’s, zipped folders, etc...... If everyone else who has uploaded jpg's, pdf's, etc. is in the same boat, there must be many thousands of missing files!

Hopefully they are not lost - maybe it's just that the program is looking for them in the wrong place since the hard drive failure?

Please keep looking Mark - this is a major oops!!
Well **** I'm going to see if I can pull anything off either of the two failed drives. FYI, the issue was both drives in the RAID array failed at the same time. Not supposed to happen like that and statistically basically impossible, but that's what we had happen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Is the recent server crash also preventing the upload of new photos? I couldn't a photo attachment yesterday nor today.
Hmmm... I was able to attach this photo. Are you getting an error message of some kind?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB180119.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	47358  
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-09-2017
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is online now
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 35,435
Default

i posted pics a few days ago Kev,lets see if i can tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050319.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	47359  
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-09-2017
MarkTTU MarkTTU is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lubbock
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Keep looking Mark, they are out there somewhere. If not...

Like others I have posted hundreds of pictures as Attachments on the WOG, primarily to illustrate technical descriptions of my coach updates. Without pictures, those descriptions will be far less useful to a coach owner who is looking to follow the steps I've described. This loss is indeed bad news not only for us but also for future generations of bird owners who will certainly follow after us!

All of the pictures that I previously posted which you say are now lost, still reside on my iCloud account. Is there a way to repost these pictures permanently without running the risk they will again be lost? Does inline picture posting (as opposed to attachment style) solve future WOG loss vulnerability?
We can go back and edit posts to attach new pictures, but let me see if I can work some magic with the failed drives first.

How do you do in-line picture posting? Is the picture hosted on a photo sharing site and you just post a link to it?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bulk oil tank and attachments EHanska PARTS OR OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE 3 01-09-2017 09:23 AM
Previous/Next arrows & pic attachments nbedinger Feedback 5 05-29-2013 06:27 PM
Pontoon Attachments birds_first Under The Awning 5 08-04-2009 11:29 PM
Attachments DMT Forum Help 1 09-15-2008 07:20 AM
What are attachments and how do I add them to my post? Webmaster How to use the Forum Features 0 12-16-2007 07:06 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.