Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default LX Bath Aquahot blower...end the cold air?

I've come across several posts that discuss this issue, but not specific to my question. When flipping therm for aquahot in the bath, the commode blower blows warm, the bath cold. Upon inspection of the tubing, our bath sink tubing is in line with the bedroom tubing, however the fan is controlled by the bath therm and the bedroom controlled by the Zone 3 in the kitchen 4 button. Anyone know if each blower has its own breaker/fuse? And a location? I want to disable the bath fan and eliminate cold air blow until I can properly rectify the whole situation. Disconnecting the individual fans looks to be fairly involved and hopefully unnecessary.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Jonathan, are both vents (commode and bath area) from under the small closet in your LX or are they in separate locations? If so, it's probably similar to an M380 I recently fixed which had two very small heat exchangers that I combined into one. These heat exchangers had what looked like large computer tower cooling fans mounted to them. I combined two into one and ducted them using an Aqua Hot suppled heat exchanger and some ductwork. If as above, yours should be separately fused, so long as you can get at them it should be easy.
chip@collectorsco.com / 706-339-3429
1987 FC35SB
1996 Prevost XL40 Liberty Conversion
Former: 04 M380, 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplamb View Post
Jonathan, are both vents (commode and bath area) from under the small closet in your LX or are they in separate locations? If so, it's probably similar to an M380 I recently fixed which had two very small heat exchangers that I combined into one. These heat exchangers had what looked like large computer tower cooling fans mounted to them. I combined two into one and ducted them using an Aqua Hot suppled heat exchanger and some ductwork. If as above, yours should be separately fused, so long as you can get at them it should be easy.
Chip, the bath vent is under the bath vanity, curb side. The commode vent is under that small vanity, road side, so I think the correct answer to your question is separate locations. I think they are both 10K units vs the 4k units in the basement, which I'm guessing you dbled up. Separately fused would be very good...getting at them would even be better....any guess as to where? Panel above the bed? I think Randy S. spoke about that panel at one point and having a schematic. I'll see if I can't find that thread.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoote View Post
Chip, the bath vent is under the bath vanity, curb side. The commode vent is under that small vanity, road side, so I think the correct answer to your question is separate locations. I think they are both 10K units vs the 4k units in the basement, which I'm guessing you dbled up. Separately fused would be very good...getting at them would even be better....any guess as to where? Panel above the bed? I think Randy S. spoke about that panel at one point and having a schematic. I'll see if I can't find that thread.
Jonathan, I have all kinds of schematics in my big box of stuff. I am currently traveling and will be home in a couple of days and I will pull them out and see if I have what you are looking for. Unless someone else jumps in before me.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoote View Post
I've come across several posts that discuss this issue, but not specific to my question. When flipping therm for aquahot in the bath, the commode blower blows warm, the bath cold. Upon inspection of the tubing, our bath sink tubing is in line with the bedroom tubing, however the fan is controlled by the bath therm and the bedroom controlled by the Zone 3 in the kitchen 4 button. Anyone know if each blower has its own breaker/fuse? And a location? I want to disable the bath fan and eliminate cold air blow until I can properly rectify the whole situation. Disconnecting the individual fans looks to be fairly involved and hopefully unnecessary.
Jonathan
I don’t think there is a fuse or breaker for each fan. There should be a fuse for each zone. I think they are 10 amp fuses. The fuses are in the the aqua hot unit in lower bay. Bathroom should be zone B.
1989 WB “Pasture Prime” 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL

Last edited by Big Al; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:43 AM. Reason: typed wrong information
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks Jim & Al for your comments. Al, I think that's the obvious fix. Trace the specific fan down to the Aquahot controls and rewire to the correct pump. Pouring down the rain today so this will have to wait. Thanks all!