Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Ladies > Ladies General Discussion

Ladies General Discussion Discussion of general topics that the ladies of WOG may find interesting to talk about.

Site Search:

Old 05-20-2018

Tell you what if you looking at a new class A with a price tag of $79 your looking at junk. For well under that you can find a BB that's already proven itself.

I agree completely with all that has been said. All you really need to do is compare . Remember these older BB's sold new for many hundreds of thousand of dollars and there just is no comparison.

Take some time to educate yourself and your wife. I believe once she sees a couple nicely maintained BB's she will see the light

Talk to Randy he is BY FAR your best source.

For 80k you can buy one heck of a nice BB For 45 or 50 you can have the nicest FC on the planet. In the FC line the last years like 1987 to 1989 are the ones to have. Earlier ones just fine too but the last ones are worth the difference if you have the $. My opinion

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 05-30-2018

My issue was a little different. My wife had "camped" most of her life. With me it was via some sort of RV. We had a "SOB" (Bounder) and she wanted to travel across the USA. I told her not in that RV. I wanted a bus for reliability and safety. A couple of images of a stick and staple coach after a wreck convinced her of the safety of a Bird. We went shopping after I had decided on a SP or BMC. She really likes our BMC.

In addition, there are experiences that can only happen while camping. For example: camp fires, Quartzsite, family together time, beach camping, desert camping, Yellowstone, National Parks. While these can be done via motels it is not the same experience.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 05-30-2018
Forum owner

Heres a good BMC story.
Back in 1994 when the BMC37 was new to the market a astro van ran a red light and hit a curb and wheeled into the living room window of a new BMC.
Both people in the van died,the van was extracted from the window of the BMC and it was driven back to the factory for repairs.
Nobody in the BMC was injured.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-30-2018

I have been nuts about buses since I was a boy-that a while back for sure..
I was looking at old bus to convert couldn't find what I wanted bought a sb on line just so we could travel and we did for 3-4 months- then connie saw 94 pt online told me to look at it I did but didn't bid on it next day she said get online and buy that bus you know you want it! so I did and we never looked back on our 3ed blue bird
thanks connie
mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 05-30-2018
Learning about Bluebirds!

My wife's family has had a cabin on an exclusive lake for almost 90 years. We needed something for a wedding so purchased a good condition 1978 SOB Class C from a friend. She discovered she liked camping due to the relaxation factor (ie. I don't work on the cabin the whole time) and the variety. I have always been keen on a coach so a couple years later a test drive and a comparison to the class C is all it took for her to go for the bird!

Funny thing, we still have the Class C as the kids and friends borrow it and come with us on local trips.
2003 Honda Pilot Toad
Pokornikd@wclc.com
Old 05-30-2018
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

I just told my wife it was the bus or her!

Now my new wife loves the bus!
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 05-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmaybe View Post
...With the discounts, the one we liked was $79k...
Since she’s seen what $79k will buy new (can’t even imagine ), show her a $79k (asking) BB and ask her which she’d choose. Visit a BB rally on “coach tour day” & be prepared for her to walk away saying “That’s the one I like” and you saying “I can make that happen” . Finding the right one may take a bit. Once you’ve decided on the model, let Randy help. Then give yourself at least 6 mo (if not 12) to work the kinks out of your “new” coach, learn the systems & prepare for your cross-country tour.
Old 06-07-2018

Why are there so many guys in the ladies section? lol

My wife got to see ours when I pulled it in the driveway She liked how it looked (vintage), but it was a month before she would take her first ride, and she loved it. Smooth and quiet and all the while petting the dogs and relaxing. She was apprehensive about it at first, but it wasn't because it was a Blue Bird, it was the whole travelling in an RV thing. I brought it up a few years ago and worked on her for a while, so she was ready for it.
Old 06-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmaybe View Post
It will be about a year off. We did a window shopping trip about 2 weeks ago.
With the discounts, the one we liked was 79k. Discounts will happen next year as well, so she was not wooed to get one. I still have time to convince her about the older stuff. She knows school busses are tanks, so I have that in my favor.

Compare this to what you were looking at for 79K....I bet this BB is a better coach hands down.

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/r...577483698.html
http://bluebirdrestore.shutterfly.com/

Old 08-07-2018

We have lived "full time" in our M380 for 13 years now. We own a home in Missouri and make our annual stop there for all those doctor appointments we seem to require to keep our meds... We have been in all of the 50 states (did have to leave the bird to make the trip to Hawaii) Best part of living in the bird is waking up and having to check outside to remind me where we are!!

We are looking forward to the Pine Mtn rally this year. At my first rally some lovely ladies showed me how to make a basket out of pine needles.. never know what you can learn at a rally!
Missouri