Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 12-14-2012

Default Air Brake System

I have a 1994 Wanderlodge that hasn't started in about 6 years or so. It's backed right up against a block wall and I can't gain access to lift up the rear cover to the engine. The brake system is not filling up with air and it also seems like the auxiliary air tank is not working. We had one of our friends who does this work for a living look at the coach and suggested he could back feed the system if he could find the auxiliary tank. We looked in the manual and the book said the tank should be on the road side, middle compartment. However we were unsuccessful in locating the tank. The only thing that we could find was the air fitting for running tools off of. Does anyone have any idea as to where the auxiliary tank is or how we can fill the system up so we can pull it away from the block wall and work on the engine. Any and all help with be great. Thank you in advance for all your help.
Old 12-14-2012

hi timothy
if you know what is it wb, bmc etc.what every model it makes a differecne... on by wb i can open louvered cover passenger side vary rear of coach you may be able to see a air chuck clear in back on frame rail that you can back feed all of my air sys....the one you talked about on drivers side does not feed all of air system there is a check valve that stops are before brakes are aired...mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 12-14-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

I would think the "fitting for air tools" would air up the aux. That is how we bring our supension up before starting the engine, with the Aux air compressor that is connected at the same point. This may not feed back into the brake tank, not sure.

OK,, mike has it.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com

Last edited by Mallie Lennon; 12-14-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: correct.
Old 12-14-2012
Forum owner

The air fitting your looking for may be accessible from the curb side louverd engine door .
If the engine door was open,and you were standing at the back bumper looking at the engine area,on the right frame you will see the schrader valve,thats where you air the system up.
I take out the schrader valve and put a male air fitting in.
Then i hook my air hose into that fitting.
I suspect your purge valve on the air dryer is stuck open.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-05-2013

Default Schrader Valve

Do you think you could post a picture of where the valve might be underneath, so I have a better understanding of where it's located.
Old 01-05-2013
Forum owner

The purge valve?
Its on the bottom of the air dryer,no way you can get to it unless the coach is aired up.
Its up above the rear drive axle.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com