Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 07-02-2019

Default 1982 FC on Ebay

Folks,

Missed out on the 1979 FC last week....SO, I found this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Blue-B...t/153545820681

I talked to the owner and the engine has 4000 hours, so I think that puts the mileage somewhere between 120K - 160K?

Also, looking at the pictures I cannot tell how original the interior is. The upholstery does not have any funky patterns and the dinette seems a bit odd...Also up front looks like there is a chair, but does not appear to be a barrel chair or whatever I have seen on others.

Can anyone comment on the originality of things...I know the floor has been added, but does the rest seem to be "original".

Obviously, I m not expert and I would prefer to have something closer to original than not...even if I ultimately change things .

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks...Mike
Old 07-02-2019

Mike:
Looks like the original dinette was replaced with a lounge with a floor socket for a removable table. It is a 33 footer with rear bath which many people like. I personally would miss my side bath because it provides a private bedroom for my wife and I when the kids come along. New tires, batteries and newer fridge are also pluses. Not bad for the money in my opinion if everything checks out. It will be a 210 HP naturally aspirated 3208 unless it’s been repowered. Be aware these buses are slow up the hills. If you can handle that, they are built incredibly well and will outlast you.
Old 07-02-2019

The 210hp 3208 typically lasts a long time
Cape Cod,ma
Old 07-02-2019

The sofa looks original.
It's in Holland MI, which means it may have been serviced at Holland Motor Homes, which you may know, is a BB dealer. Definite plus if it was serviced there.
Mine had some work done there by prior owners, and everything they worked on, even over a decade ago, is still working good.
Looks like this bus was loved.

Marc Pease
New Haven, CT
1991 TC2000 (sold)
1982 FC35SB "Rollin' Old School"

marc@marcpease.com
Old 07-02-2019

This bus looks good. I’ve been in it before. The owner has put a lot into it in the last year. I would take a “J” lounge over a dinette any day. Looks priced right too. I went over a lot of the systems with him after he bought it. He uses the same diesel mechanic that I have used in the past too. Stand up guy.
1982 FC35 SB-----SOLD.
Old 07-02-2019

Quote:
his bus looks good. I’ve been in it before.
Thanks Brian. He mentioned the clear flaking in spots, I assume it is not too bad, if you have seen the bus?

Also, was a J lounge a Wanderlodge thing or purely "aftermarket"?

It seems like the couch is original, the J-Lounge not so much...Any thoughts on the chair in front?

It's a weird thing, I am all for updating and changing everything, but I want one as original as possible so I know what I started with. I also find myself looking at the original state, and maybe want to keep as original as possible.

It sounds like this could be a decent bus....

Thanks for all of the input.

Thanks...Mike
Old 07-02-2019

It appears that someone along to way sprayed clearcoat on it. It’s not sticking to the imron though. It doesn’t seem to be a big issue. I think it would buff off. Maybe wet sand at the most. Most of the clear is off already.
1982 FC35 SB-----SOLD.
Old 07-02-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Nyhof View Post
It appears that someone along to way sprayed clearcoat on it. It’s not sticking to the imron though. It doesn’t seem to be a big issue. I think it would buff off. Maybe wet sand at the most. Most of the clear is off already.
Great, sounds like a little elbow grease is all that is needed.

Thanks...Mike
Old 07-02-2019

I've looked at a lot of 'for sale' photos over the past 5 years, and I've seen several FC's with the J lounge - so I do get the impression that it was an option. There were a lot of options on these babies!

Marc Pease
New Haven, CT
1991 TC2000 (sold)
1982 FC35SB "Rollin' Old School"

marc@marcpease.com