Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Caterpillar 3208 Solutions

Caterpillar 3208 Solutions This sub-forum is hosted by Mike Hohnstein who has been at this kind of thing for 50+ years now, guess I'm addicted. The saga has been all about progressively larger shop space since then. Honestly, never wanted to get into the CAT 3208's that were originally considered to be a throwaway engine but that's all that works in a FC in my world. Same thing with my Ford toter, that came with a NA, too much effort to hang in a 6, so been at it with the CAT V-8 for 20 years now. In reality you can get excellent life out of a CAT 3208 if it's built correctly. Post your questions about the CAT 3208 engines here and Mike will try to help you out.

Site Search:

Old 08-28-2019

Growing up in my Dad's classic car business, I watched him many times mix oil and kerosene together and run it in an engine that had been sitting for years. He wouldn't run it for long, only enough to get it hot, then shut it down, drain the oil and do it again. If you looked at the engine with the valve covers off, before and after the treatment, it was amazing how it would clean the sludge out. But, the engine wasn't run for long, and he changed the oil at least 3 times after about 20 miles each time once he had treated it. Today's oil is much more advanced than it was 50-60 years ago or more, so I wouldn't think this product would do anything productive.
"Dream Chaser"
Old 08-28-2019

Did that silly sh$t once to a 348 Chevy engine, didn't end well.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/