Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-15-2019

"A" Pillar is at edge of windshield. Lots of room there. I have 4 camera wires there. There is also a little room in the center windshield divider.
Birdless for now!
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 07-12-2019

My coach is a '99 Lx 40, interior model G

I am in the midst of my installation of a new backup camera system to replace the old b/w sony. I chose the BOYO VTC307M on a recommendation from Crutchfield, where I bought it.

The big issue in installing it was the running of the camera cable to the rear of the coach. I had already found the wiring running down the A pillar to the immediate left of the windsheild. I had previously run antenna cables to the ham radios. I took the antenna cables out for relocation as part of this project.

The problem for me was getting the camera cable to the rear of the coach.

The first revelation was that there is a wiring chase where the side wall meets the roof of the coach. Underneath the window valence there are a few screws nearly hidden near the front edge of the valence. Removing the screws allows you to pull the valence out away from the wall then down to release it. That allows access to the wiring at the windows.

In the cabinets, where the back wall meets the ceiling, there is a bowed panel. Getting a hook around the back of the bowed panel at one end allows the panel to be removed. That gives access to the wiring at the cabinets. That works in the closets too.

I tried to run down the street side where the shower, vanity and refrigerator are on my coach. That was a big mistake. It is impossible, it seems, to get past the refrigerator, vanity and shower. I could run a fishing stick through from both ends, but in both cases it would not come out the other end.

The trick was to run the cable on the curb side, where I only had to get past the microwave and again past the bedroom TV.

If I had known these tricks, I would have saved three days of labor.
Old 07-12-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsinc View Post
My coach is a '99 Lx 40, interior model G

I am in the midst of my installation of a new backup camera system to replace the old b/w sony. I chose the BOYO VTC307M on a recommendation from Crutchfield, where I bought it.

The big issue in installing it was the running of the camera cable to the rear of the coach. I had already found the wiring running down the A pillar to the immediate left of the windsheild. I had previously run antenna cables to the ham radios. I took the antenna cables out for relocation as part of this project.

The problem for me was getting the camera cable to the rear of the coach.

The first revelation was that there is a wiring chase where the side wall meets the roof of the coach. Underneath the window valence there are a few screws nearly hidden near the front edge of the valence. Removing the screws allows you to pull the valence out away from the wall then down to release it. That allows access to the wiring at the windows.

In the cabinets, where the back wall meets the ceiling, there is a bowed panel. Getting a hook around the back of the bowed panel at one end allows the panel to be removed. That gives access to the wiring at the cabinets. That works in the closets too.

I tried to run down the street side where the shower, vanity and refrigerator are on my coach. That was a big mistake. It is impossible, it seems, to get past the refrigerator, vanity and shower. I could run a fishing stick through from both ends, but in both cases it would not come out the other end.

The trick was to run the cable on the curb side, where I only had to get past the microwave and again past the bedroom TV.

If I had known these tricks, I would have saved three days of labor.
Did you ask here on WOG for help in running those wires?
Lots of guys here know those tricks,and are very happy to share what they know.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-12-2019
Forum owner

Wow,you have been a member here since 2011,i'm pretty sure we have talked about running wires in the last 8 years,do you ever come in and just read what the guys are doing?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-13-2019

Leonard, search the forum and you'll find plenty of threads..but on my first coach I spliced into the existing wires and with my 95 I ran new wires inside of the 3" A/C tube that run the length of the bus. I also left a wire in the tube to use a guide should I need to run another wire in the future. Good luck
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 07-15-2019

In actuality, I have been here on a number of occasions, but have just lurked rather than posting. There were a number of posts that DID help. One in particular DID mention in passing about going down the right side that I caught and sent me in the right direction. So I must thank everyone for posting. It really IS helpful. So I will plan to post more often.

In reply to Kip, regarding reusing the existing cable, I have spliced that cable before where the rodents got to it, and with this current failure that I am fixing, I was not able to reliably determine whether the problem was the cable or the monitor. That is why I decided to replace both. Besides, I wanted a color monitor anyway and this was the perfect excuse to do it while I'm doing other wiring already.

My current project is to move the ham radios, and computer into the space previously occupied by the CRT TV that was vacated when I installed a 39" flat screen TV. I am running all my audio sources to an audio mixer which will feed the power amp so that I can play any sources through the ceiling speakers simultaneously and balance the levels with the mixer.

So, thanks again, and I'll post some of my projects in the future.