Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 12-03-2008

Thumbs up Free Information QUIT PAYING FOR 411

I think many of you may enjoy this message.... I tried it and it works, so perhaps you should place it in your car, coach and another one at home.

QUIT PAYING FOR 411 CALLS ON YOUR CELL PHONE OR HOUSE PHONE USE THIS ITS FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Just leave it up to Google to come up with something like this!!!

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed dial: 1-800-goog411 (1-800-466-4411). This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are on the road.

Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time manually dialing the number. This phone number will give you, free of charge, the number of any business you want and then connect you to it FREE! Let's say I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, 'City & State.' I say, ' Garland , Texas ' He says, 'Business, Name or Type of Service.' I say, Firewheel Golf Course.' He says, 'Connecting' and Firewheel answers the phone. How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free! Invaluable when you are traveling!

Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick demonstration.

http://www.google.com/goog411/

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 12-03-2008
Gardner

Jim,
The only caveat is that they will keep a data base of your phone number, you, and the kinds of businesses you frequent. All great data for marketers. I didn't see anywhere that it was stated that your information would remain confidential or would not be sold to marketing or other data collectors.

As long as you are comfortable with this it is a great service.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 12-03-2008

Gardner,
You are probably right. There usually is some sort of catch to everything. However, after my first wife died 15 years ago, after losing the battle, with cancer, I just don't worry about that kind of stuff anymore. Life is too **** short to sweat the small stuff, as they say. My personal information is all over the place anyway. Having done a lot of business on line and knowing that every magazine sells all my information to subscribers and so on. I just don't care anymore. So far all that has happened is that my mailbox is full of junk mail.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 03-13-2009

Default another freebie

this is another service that will help out while on the road store this number into your cell phone (83556) and label it as you wish i entered as free info then to use, you text this number lets say pizza dekalb il and send it will reply with phone # and address and depending on your phone and service you can see a map also, you also can text weather the same way for your area and after done once all you have to text again for weather is w and if need extended forecast just text back m for more and you get the weeks forecast.also i believe this just works with business at this time thanks for the google 411 will definitely use it