Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 10-27-2008

Default Central Truck Services, Santa Maria, Ca.

I recently had an air leak and could not inflate the suspension, but had enough pressure to drive to a repair facility.

The short version is if you are in need of repairs in the Santa Barbara or San Luis Obispo Counties, I highly recommend:

Central Truck Services
1701-A N River Rock Court
Santa Maria, Ca. 93454
(805) 925-7786
Atten: Bobby Serna

They are primarily a truck and bus service business but work on motorhomes as well. They are very competent and resonable and will work with you to do what ever is necessary to get you going again. They solved my problem promptly and are very good at troubleshooting.

Robert Akins
1987 PT40
Novato, California
Old 10-27-2008

Thanks Robert,
Thats good to know......I'm down that way often, I'll keep them in mind.
Old 11-21-2008

Soooo, what was your problem and how did they solve it?
Old 11-24-2008

Default Low air pressure

The problem was a stuck air horn solenoid valve. The valve stuck open enough to allow the brakes to work but not enough pressure to inflate the air suspension. By riding on the "bumpers", I found out that the shock absorbers were bad and had those replaced as well.

These guys at Central Truck Service know big rig systems and 2 cycle Detroit engines. They like to work on motor homes because they are cleaner than gravel trucks. I highly recommend them and will probably use them for service since I am down that way often.

Robert Akins
1987 PT40
Novato, Calif.
Old 01-07-2009

Thanks, Robert.
Jeeze, something else to worry about!!

[QUOTE=robertakins;10156]The problem was a stuck air horn solenoid valve. The valve stuck open enough to allow the brakes to work but not enough pressure to inflate the air suspension. By riding on the "bumpers", I found out that the shock absorbers were bad and had those replaced as well.