Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 08-14-2010

Good luck with your purchase. These guys know bluebirds inside and out. There isn't a situation that they haven't come across. Stick with them and you will learn a lot! I may still be birdless, but not clueless...anymore.
Old 08-14-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Huffman View Post
Good luck with your purchase. These guys know bluebirds inside and out. There isn't a situation that they haven't come across. Stick with them and you will learn a lot! I may still be birdless, but not clueless...anymore.
Jeff,

No return call from the Milford PT 40 guy
Old 08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Jeff,

No return call from the Milford PT 40 guy
He must be out of town a lot!
Old 08-14-2010
RV Appraiser

Will,
I think every new bird owner could be a contestant on Fear Factor when it comes to working on the bird. If you can turn a wrench then just dive right in, I use to be scared as #$&& but the bird won’t bite and you can’t break it any worse. You’ve got the best reference material at hand; this forum. I doubt you’ll find a problem that someone else has not already had. I really do like your coach, I have pictures of it from about 6 – 8 years ago when it was for sale once before. Mid entry door coaches are rare and most are prized by their owners, there may only be a dozen or so MED units out there. Good luck.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 08-14-2010

John,
Thanks for the encouragement; it certainly is a remarkable piece of design and engineering. It is clear that there is lots of collective BB knowledge and wisdom here. I look forward to the day when I am able to add to it.
612-237-3042
Old 08-14-2010

Will, I had a similar problem with the HWH system recently. Sometimes it would dump a quart of fluid on the ground from the tank by the stairs. It was coming through the vent in the top of the tank. My trouble turned out to be two different problems. The pump was going bad and there was an intermittent problem in one of the solenoid valves. When that jack was retracting and the valve didn't work properly, the fluid would spin the pump backward and evidently churn the fluid in the tank enough to blow it out the vent. HWH replaced the pump and motor and the bad solenoid valve. No more problems.
"The Aviary"
Old 08-15-2010

HI: For generator problems the Twin Cities must have dozens of service shops. This is the home of Onan Generators. To a really good shop a genset is a genset! You are very close to the HWH factory. They have great service people and the prices are reasonable. Give them a call. For Chassis problems ( steering, alignment, etc,) Henderson Alignment has a "sister" operation in your area. I am sorry I do not remember the name but go to Henderson's web site and it should be listed. They are pros . I met them at an FMCA convention. I would never take a BB to a normal RV shop.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 11-30-2012

Will... It's been a while... I'm curious how you have been making out with your BB. And if you have any other issues to report other than the Hydraulic issue? Hope all is well, Jeff
Old 12-06-2012

Jeff, thanks for the inquiry. Actually there have been some problems, but they are all relatively minor. Had some toilet issues and replaced the compressor motor and later the Microphor air water sequence valve. Things are now working fine. Am right now investigating some DD oil leaks but nothing else major on the horizon.

Visited Tejas Coach Works in Mineral Wells, TX and talked to Charles Stutzman. Was thinking of him for the oil leaks but he's not taking any work right now.

Will
612-237-3042