Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 04-24-2013
Bill&Peggy

Default Lufkin, TX Mechanic Extraordinaire

Bernd (his parents couldn't afford an A and an R) Remspeck is a 4 year new to the U.S. emigre from Germany. He has a double E and worked for years for the German Railway and Mercedes Benz with lots of schooling and certifications in everything diesel.

As an example of his work ethic: the dash warning light for the jacks would not got off. He tracked it readily to a blown sensor on one of the jacks. Before replacing the sensor he wanted to know WHY it had blown, rather than using the Air Force (and Navy) program of replacing known bad with known good and blowing that one too. He discovered that instead of switching negative, someone had put positive voltage on the terminal, blowing the sensor and an exotic transistor on the HWH control board.

On more than one occasion he has taken my Blue Box home to study schematics. He does NOT charge for learning - he views it as an opportunity to enhance his knowledge. His rate is $85 per hour and he tends to not keep a very accurate tally of the actual hours he spends on a task.

He will be a citizen in September, and until then his immigration status allows him to work, but not to actually own a business. As such, he is "working" for Lufkin Truck Driving Academy at 109 Lufkin Avenue, which is on the east side of the road about 1/2 mile south of the loop as you come in from the north on US Hwy 59. Phone # is 936-707-1584. This is a cell phone and he purposely does not have a mailbox set up.

He loves Blue Bird and Prevost. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Old 04-24-2013

I have to agree with Bill's assessment here about Bernd, seems very knowledgeable. If we had been in Lufkin I would have had home do our work.
Old 04-24-2013

Great news. We come through Texas usually a couple of times a year. I hope I don't need any work, but I am sure I will eventually.
Fruita Colorado
Old 04-24-2013
Bill&Peggy

I forgot to add..... he does work on Saturday and Sunday if it is necessary, though he has a brand new wife, so his priorities might be changing a little

He also does road service at any hour of the day/night if it is urgent.
Old 04-26-2013
Consistently clueless

How do you pronounce that? "Burned" or "bare end" ... something else?

1990 WB-40 Royal Conversion
GS 810327023 -- FMCA 421581 -- SKP 109591

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"
Walt Kelly, 08/25/1913 - 10/18/1973
Old 04-27-2013
Bill&Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn B View Post
How do you pronounce that? "Burned" or "bare end" ... something else?
Burned.
Old 05-13-2015

Burnd has moved his shop to 1719 East Main Street, Nacogdoches, TX. He is still just as nice of a guy and honest with his work. Worth every penny if you ask me. I just drove 3 hours to take the Bird to his shop while I'm still in TX... Phone: 936-707-1584
Email: bera71@web.de
Old 05-14-2015

Exemplary person and service! Did a radiator exchange, new turbo, fixed some leaks, and other stuff on my Newell a few months ago.
2004 Z71
2013 RZR 570LE
Old 05-14-2015

They are going to be building another shop behind or beside there new building so there will be a pit and more space! They need it! Make sure to make Bernd a good sandwich for lunch and he will give you a discount (or maybe he charged more, I'm not sure yet...).