Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 05-01-2017

Thank you for the useful info. I've never around RVs, let alone a Wanderlodge (grew up with a big family tent!), so regardless of what work he can do it will be an epic learning experience. Any other tips appreciated - I'm going look for some more specific threads for further advice
Old 05-02-2017

Any bus problem, other than motor and transmission work, that I can't fix with WOG help and my bus is heading north, George rocks!

Andy & Jean Harmon
Dakota (our Aussie traveling buddy)
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42 (SOLD)
Old 05-02-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingon View Post
Thank you for the useful info. I've never around RVs, let alone a Wanderlodge (grew up with a big family tent!), so regardless of what work he can do it will be an epic learning experience. Any other tips appreciated - I'm going look for some more specific threads for further advice
Find a good truck parts house and ask where you can get hydraulic brake parts for a 1969 Bluebird bus.
Once you start working on hydraulic brakes you need to go all the way,rebuild the booster,the wheel cylinders,everything.

I'm not saying it can't be done,but those parts may be hard to find,and finding a tech that knows about those old brakes may be hard to find too.
Mike H did a brake rebuild about 10 years ago on a hydraulic brake Bird,listen to what he says.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-28-2017

Default George Morris

Excited to head to George's place in Byron GA in Oct. I have to say I have never met George but I feel as though I know him already, he has gotten me out of at least three issues via telephone, he's like an encyclopedia when it comes to Birds. One of the nicest people I have even spoken too, can't wait to meet George and get some of these small things fixed. She's almost perfect, with George's help she will be !
Old 07-28-2017

Although he's never asked, I always try to include a little extra with my check to cover some of the phone time. He's a great guy. I've never felt overcharged for his services.
Old 07-28-2017

Your right, he never asks ! I've sent him two checks, worth every penny, he is always willing to help.
Old 07-29-2017

I did the brakes on the 69 bluebird INN and the new owner did some brake work last year in Fresno, CA. He called me for parts and I sent him to Sac, CA to a school bus brake shop that had parts to get him going. Ford truck said they had to send the boosters to them because they were sert. to work on school bus brakes.
2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
See my Album!