Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 05-01-2010
Grand Curmudgeon

Default Paul's Garage in York Springs, PA a Great place to fix your bird

Thanks to Shane and his recommendation of Paul's Garage in York Springs, PA, I now have a shop I feel comfortable with and will use whenever possible.

Spent the day there yesterday having new exhaust installed and rear axle seal replaced.

These folks are true bus people and KNOW what they are doing! And, they are genuinely nice folks. Most of the family works in the business and amazingly they still like each other .

From my "Grand Curmudgeon" self proclaimed title, those that know me, know how much I like to find reputable places (not!), I can heartily recommend these folks. Seems I just missed bubblerboy (Heckman) as he picked up his bird before I got there on Thursday.

Ed Wolf, the owner, converted his GM 4106 himself, and his brother (next door) has a tour bus company. The whole family are bus people.

If you need work in the mid-Atlantic area, go there, you won't be disappointed. Ed also says that June & July are very difficult to get work done on outside buses as they have a fleet of 70 school buses that they start servicing as soon as school is out. I'll be going back in a few weeks to have more work done.

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43
Old 05-01-2010

I second that. I also went to Paul's on Shanes recommendation. After replacing the old step valve and repairing that leak, another one sprung up. Couldn't find it. Could hear it and see where it was coming from but couldn't get to it. I took the bird to Paul's and they repaired it. Turned out it was a split fitting on the air tank that was located above the pass through storage bay. They had to cut a hole in the roof of the storage bay, repair it, and make a cover plate. The youngest guy there repaired it. He was the only one skinny enough to lay in the bay to make the repair! They are real good guys with good rates who enjoy what they do and don't mind going the extra step or two to help you.
Old 05-01-2010
davidmbrady

Great to be able to add another qualified shop to my list. Seems Pa is full of good folks. BHTUBES is located and Souderton, and you may have guessed, I orignally hail from Allentown (raised in Harrisburg)

For folks who need a good service facility in NC. I use Burke Christian Tours, located in Denver NC. They maintain a fleet of 50 or so Prevosts.
Old 05-01-2010

David, I have tried to start a "qualified shop list" for Blue Birds, but have realized that takes years. Most of us need it now. How about the administrators setting up a forum list by state? Perhaps it would require a member's recommendation based upon the kind of good experience mentioned in the forum. I'd think knowledge, capability, fairness of price, and responsiveness would be a good start for a list of qualifications. I am sure Paul, you, and several others who have had a lot of experience would be able to help the rest of us a whole bunch. Ideas? Man, that would be valuable if it could be managed.
Old 05-01-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
David, I have tried to start a "qualified shop list" for Blue Birds, but have realized that takes years. Most of us need it now. How about the administrators setting up a forum list by state? Perhaps it would require a member's recommendation based upon the kind of good experience mentioned in the forum. I'd think knowledge, capability, fairness of price, and responsiveness would be a good start for a list of qualifications. I am sure Paul, you, and several others who have had a lot of experience would be able to help the rest of us a whole bunch. Ideas? Man, that would be valuable if it could be managed.

Let me see add 50 additional sub-forums for the individual states, or start a new thread with all of the states listed then make sure that every addition is copied over to it and keep it updated.................gee Ron you don't think we have enough to do already, plus we already have this sub-forum with recommended Service Centers Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers

It would be a big help when a member is recommending a GOOD one or listing a BAD one to first list the City and State at the beginning of the thread title, then they would be easier to find, like I just did to Paul's latest recommendation Paul's Garage in York Springs, PA a Great place to fix your bird

When I have some spare time, I'll go through the ones listed there already that don't have the location as part of the title and add it to the title.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-01-2010

Default just a thought

I just went through the good and bad BB Garages part and instead of poor John doing overtime on the computer, it would be just as easy if each member keeps his own list of good garages or bad garages on a separate list filed under "My Documents". I have so much info on all kinds of BB subjects in my Document section, it would fill up many books. I use only the most important ones for my Manual. Instead of using this forum for everything, keep notes and info elsewhere on the computer for quick and easy reference. 50 subforums/ 50 states is too much. FWIW.