Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-03-2011

Default ABS light on

ABS light just come on, when you start here up, light goes off then starts flashing then stays on, could this be dirty sensor or loose sensor/connector ?
anyone else had anything similar ??
cheers Andy

2004 wanderlodge M380
Old 06-03-2011

I've had that happen a couple of times Andy. The ABS light will stay on for awhile then seems to clear itself. I have noticed that it seems to happen while making sharp turns; like when maneuvering in a parking lot with wheel turned all the way to the stops.
Old 06-03-2011

Count me in too. My ABS light comes on occassionally and stays on for an indeterminant amount of time. John Anderson said he thought it was caused by an unused connector for a tag axle. He and John Martin plugged their laptop into the ABS diagnostic port (under the dash in case you are looking), drove around and could not find any faults. I just ignore it.
Old 06-04-2011
full timer

I had the same problem when I bought the coach. (ABS light was on.) I am told what causes the light to come on is if any of the sensors detect a "miscount" when checking the wheel rotation.

To clear the problem you need to "reset" the controller. On my coach (which is not a M380) we did this by taking a magnet (we used a magnetic pick up tool) and reach WAY up to the controller and touch the controller with the magnet. The controller in my bus is located between the two drive wheels, in about the center of the coach, mounted to the underside of the floor of the bus. You really need a magnet on a stick because there is no way to reach this controller with your hand/arm. It's probably 3 or 4 feet above the bottom of the bus. The best way I can tell you what is looks like is that its the size of a big fist and has two 1/4" lines feeding to it from either side of bus. On my bus I didn't see any wires leading from the aforementioned controller. Evidently the wires enter the coach through the floor where it is mounted. As I recall there is very little attached to the floor of the bus between the two sets of drive wheels. Touch the valve with your magnet and it will be reset. After I reset the ABS sensor/light the problem has not returned.

The hardest part of getting at the valve is getting under the bus. As I expect you know this is potentially very hazardous, even deadly. If you have any questions about how to do this safely look it up on this site.
full timing in my bird since 6/04
Old 06-04-2011

Eric, does your ABS light in the dash still "light-up" when you turn the ignition on (check mode)?
Old 06-04-2011

Ours has been on since I can't remember. Dan Romero (back when he was at Parliament) told me that it was an "unresolved Bluebird issue" and that the system did work, but the light would stay on. And stay on it has! It has never caused any known issues over the last 112K miles. Of course, I haven't had a panic stop that warranted activation of the ABS system either!

J.L. Haney
2004 M380 D/S
Tag axle? We don't need no stinkin tag axle!
Auction Consulting Experts, LLC
Acebid.com
Lakeland, FL
Old 06-04-2011

The light is supposed to go out at about 8 mph if the system is working properly. There was a Blue Bird issue causing the light to be on all the time. Johnny Anderson at Parliament fixed the problem by pulling a relay in the rear start box. He said he had done many coaches that way and that BB just had too many relays in the light circuit. That sounds odd, but it has worked fine ever since.
Old 06-04-2011
full timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Britton View Post
Eric, does your ABS light in the dash still "light-up" when you turn the ignition on (check mode)?
Yes the light still does light up when I turn the key on. The ABS light goes off just after the bus starts up. Not at 8 mph. Just for laughs I had an occasion to test the ABS brakes once when I was on a gravel road. I wasn't going very fast. The ABS seems to be working fine.

Eric
currently outside of Ft. Wayne, IN
full timing in my bird since 6/04
Old 11-30-2011

still have no joy on this one, have tried emailing Johnny Anderson at Parliament for some info but no responce, just using there general info email address, does any one know his direct email or any other abs news/experiences since I lasted posted ?
Just here in the uk my M380 will shortly have to pass an MOT (a safety check) where they will check the abs amongst other things

2004 wanderlodge M380

Last edited by andy rob; 11-30-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2011

Your rear start box is undoubtedly different than mine. However, this may give you a clue. Johnny removed the relay second from the botrtom on the right side labelled:
ABS
MC-11
LIGHT

This solved the whole problem. Everything works now as it is supposed to do. He made no other changes.

There is a relay just to its left labelled
ABS
EC-15
LIGHT
This one is still in there.

Maybe we got lucky and the circuits are the same. Pretty improbable, but you never know. Good luck.