Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 06-24-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Maxton Camping Area Cleanup

I am at the Wal Mart Campground (Supercenter) in Laurinburg, NC on my way to Maxton, NC to race this weekend. I will be at the track on Thursday to do some cleanup of the camping area that we are going to use from now on. The weather didn't cooperate last month for my cleanup project, but it is going to be sunny and hot at least until Saturday afternoon.

I am going to be doing some broom work early in the day and then I will spray weed and grass killer on the weeds. There are also a lot of staples close to the Manufactured Homes Plant fence that need to be swept up and then picked up, I had planned to buy a magnet to do that with but forgot to stop at Northern Tool that has the one I want to use.

The guy from the airport that cuts the grass on the side that we use for the ECTA Races, said that he will also trim the grass and weeds in our area, but I want to kill the weeds too, that are in the expansion joints of the concrete parking area.

If anybody that happens to be in the area feels energetic and wants to come out and help, that would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know ahead of time, if you are coming.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-24-2008
Forum owner

John,don't get too hot out there!
Randy

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
John,don't get too hot out there!
Randy
I plan on doing the physical work very early in the morning, shortly after breakfast 7am or so and then just hanging out after it starts to get hot, which this morning was around 11am, when it was already in the high 80's.

You know me, I'm a very early riser, so this shouldn't be hard to do.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-26-2008

I got out to the track here at Maxton around noon and decided to wait a while to do any work on the new parking/camping area as it was already about 98 degrees. I ventured out around 2pm, sans wide brimmed hat and wearing my new Ultra CoolVest, which really works as advertised, as it kept me surprisingly comfortable while I used the weed eater to cut back the weeds before I sprayed the weed and grass killer on them. I got about half of the area cut and then my back just couldn't take anymore, so I called it a day.

The weedeater does a good job on the grass and small weeds but there are some very heavy weeds that will take a cutter, or better yet a mower to cut back. The airport grass cutter guy wasn't cutting anything this weekend so, when I came back next time I will bring my small mower with me to finish the job. I did manage to find an inexpensive magnet/broom at Lowe's and I will use that to start to pick up nails with tomorrow morning.

Some of you will remember that the US Army Golden Knights Parachute team uses Maxton as their homebase and does a lot of practice jumps while we are here at Maxton, well it was a little different variety of Parachutist this time, it was what appeared to be some US ARMY Special Forces jumping right at dusk and then even at this late hour of almost 11pm, the aircraft that they use for theirs and the Golden Knights teams to jump from, a short runway takeoff specialty plane, has been doing one takeoff and landing after another , with a different twist that I haven't seen before, they are using the runway that we use to race on, as a return runway, they are really keeping my cat Callie's interest peaked, as they taxi by my 'Bird only a few hundred yards away.

Never a dull moment here at Maxton.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11