Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 09-16-2012

Default Texas Custom Coach

I just had some work done here, after getting recommendations from other WOG users. Everything about the experience was positive. Although they were "covered up" with commitments, they fit us in (due to my emergency of a dead refrigerator). We plugged into their electric (no water or dump, but we knew that going in) and they worked around the fact that we, and our cats, were living in the bus.

I wanted to get rid of the 3way fridge, and go with a house type. At the same time, my DW was jonesing for a washer and dryer. We ordered them from an internet site, and had them delivered to TCC, then took the bus there for them to do the work. The fridge was 12 cu feet, replacing the 8 cu foot 3 way, same width but taller, so we gave up the drawer below it. While they were doing those mods, they rebuilt the cabinet above the fridge (now licker locker) to double the size of it. And notice the snaps they put on fridge doors, to hole then closed while traveling. We gave up the hall wardrobe to the WD pair. They ran 220 over, plus hot and cold water. They tapped into the black tank vent tube for the washer drain and ran the dryer vent to the wheel well, where it doesn't even show, unless you know it's there and look for it.

All the woodwork was done by hand, and custom fit. We swapped the sliding mirror doors for hand made bifold doors. They matched the interior wood (pickled oak) to a T.

In addition, no one could have been friendlier or warmer to us than the crew there. All in all, a wonderful experience, which we are planning to repeat in spring with more mods we have in mind. Pictures are attached.

I highly recommend Dave Miller, Steve, and all the crew there, where you need modifications to an existing coach, or a complete gut and rebuild! I have no affiliation beyond that of a happy customer.

10498 State Highway 16 Pipe Creek, TX 78063

(830) 510-4224http://www.texascustomcoach.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2974.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	18310   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2973.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	18311   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2971.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	18312   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2972.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	18313  
2010 Honda Element -- "Shadow"

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Last edited by inflt; 09-16-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added info
Old 09-16-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Nice looking work Lee. Glad to hear of shops that want our business.
Bet you are going to like the W/D. We had planned to take ours out when we bought the coach, and someone suggested we try it before we did. Now we would not be without it. Which brings up a question. What is the difference in the all in one as we have and two separate washer and dryer? I would guess there is an advantage.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 09-16-2012

Hi, Mallie. Never had the combo unit, but read about it when I was doing my research. The combo unit, unvented, from what I read, doesn't dry well and uses more water to dry (not sure how that works, but it's what I read). The vented combo unit works pretty well, as I understand it.

I started out to buy Whirlpool units, but the dryer was backordered, so I went upscale to Bosch units. They are apartment size and type, not RV. My wife says they hold nearly twice what the old, conventional top loader style that we used to have did. So they do a lot! She loves them, and loves not having to drive 20 minutes and spend over $20 twice a week to do laundry. And I can't help but think that the water going into the black tank will help scour it out. And we love the fridge. It is half again bigger than the 3 way it replaced, and keeps food MUCH colder.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Old 09-16-2012

We had George Morris install the new model Splendide vented combo unit. We are really happy with it.

Susan and Dean Toensing
Boerne, Texas
210-842-1967
1989 40'PTWB "Tara Farm"
Old 09-16-2012

Simply said, while the washer is a washing, the dryer is a drying.
As neither are high capacity, having both, speeds up the length of the process.
Old 09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflt View Post
Hi, Mallie. Never had the combo unit, but read about it when I was doing my research. The combo unit, unvented, from what I read, doesn't dry well and uses more water to dry (not sure how that works, but it's what I read). The vented combo unit works pretty well, as I understand it.

I started out to buy Whirlpool units, but the dryer was backordered, so I went upscale to Bosch units. They are apartment size and type, not RV. My wife says they hold nearly twice what the old, conventional top loader style that we used to have did. So they do a lot! She loves them, and loves not having to drive 20 minutes and spend over $20 twice a week to do laundry. And I can't help but think that the water going into the black tank will help scour it out. And we love the fridge. It is half again bigger than the 3 way it replaced, and keeps food MUCH colder.
Did you say the washe r goes into the BLACK Tank ?

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 09-16-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Did you say the washe r goes into the BLACK Tank ?
We wish ours went into the black tank, but with your question it sounds if that may be a problem?
All I know is the black tank is 1/4 when our grey is full.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 09-16-2012

yes, black tank. I was emptying it only 1/4 as often as the grey, so it just made sense. Is there a problem with that?

Old 09-17-2012

so you modified it ? Just sounds lke a great idea to me . How did you replume the drain ?

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 09-17-2012

Didn't have to. In the back of the wardrobe is a vent stack, running from the black tank to the roof. They tapped into it, putting a U trap before the tap (to keep vapors from coming into the coach), allowing the drain to run down the vent pipe.