Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 10-08-2012

Default Sante Fe Skies RV Park

Beautiful pink sunrise coming up over the skyline of the blue mesas, as I lie here in bed sipping my coffee, while Darrell again braves the cold with the motley crew. It is cold at night, especially for us acclimated Floridians.

We did make it out to Palu Dura! And glad we took a 'side trip' out there. We reached it an hour before the park closed the gate at 6pm, but we had just enough time to do the loop and exit before the sun went down. Was beautiful there. Dee and I both said we'd like to return some day, just to sit and look.

I haven't been able to post about it as we haven't had internet until this morn but we had a good talk with Don Bradner about this last night at the Sante Fe hors ouvedre and cocktail party. He is going to show us his 'outside' antenna setup later in the day. Heck of a nice guy as are so many of the people we got to meet last night. We spent quite abit of time with John Mace as well, as he too speaks in Dachshundeese

In Amarillo, we ended up staying at the Amarillo Ranch which was just fine, no problems/worries and had a very nice office staff. We did drive out to The Oasis thinking a concrete pad might be better, but then decided because the Amarillo Ranch was closer to the exit for Palu Dura, and also very close to the Steak Restaurant to return to that campground as we didn't want to leave the pound poo-ers in the coach alone for any extended period of time,and the Oasis was about 16 miles further away, each way.

So it was a busy day, we drove from Wichita Falls to Amarillo, detached and quickly jumped in the jeep out to Palu Dura, came back to the coach and barely had time to make it out the door before the Longhorn Limo guy was a knocking on it, to the Texas Steakhouse. Darrell order us a large beers there, that was the size of a tankard. He had a Texas Red and I a Palu Dura Pale Ale that I could barely hold it up to my lips because o the weight and size of it and couldn't finish by the end of our meal. Finally got the Limo back, fell into bed. It was a long but good day.

Jen