Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 03-17-2014

Default Last year i was a ranch owner. This year im Looking to buy a rv park!

I am an impulsive dude. One minute i am watching youtube vids of people full timing in rv's next thing i know i bought one. The best! Now, crazy as it seems, i am lurking around the "rv parks for sale" stuff. I may buy one, so if i do, I will be advertising for Bluebird rally's in texas somewhere. I must be crazy!?
Old 03-17-2014

I would think the real negative is it would tie you down. Having a BB is about travel. If you own a park then you sit.

That and just the details of running the park and dealing with PEOPLE.

Now if you can do it like gentleman do it. Your money and you pay someone to run the thing then different story. That might kill any income potential.

Devils in the details.

Not for me but glad there are people who will do it.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 03-17-2014
Campground Owner

Chuck, I just bought park in Maggie Valley NC. I bought a listing from Darrel Hess, campgroundsforsale.com. Darrel is the best broker in the industry. He runs a nice seminar twice a year. I cost a few bucks, but is well worth the money, in helping you decide if, and what type of campground you want. I selected a very hands of park. No pool, no washrooms, run by the hosts.
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W
Old 03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
I would think the real negative is it would tie you down. Having a BB is about travel. If you own a park then you sit.

Now if you can do it like gentleman do it. Your money and you pay someone to run the thing then different story. That might kill any income potential.

Devils in the details.

True, true. Yes, I was thinking of doing it like a gentleman. It is just a seed of a thought at this point. Definitley much to think about.
Old 03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post

Devils in the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyclegg View Post
Chuck, I just bought park in Maggie Valley NC. I bought a listing from Darrel Hess, campgroundsforsale.com. Darrel is the best broker in the industry. He runs a nice seminar twice a year. I cost a few bucks, but is well worth the money, in helping you decide if, and what type of campground you want. I selected a very hands of park. No pool, no washrooms, run by the hosts.
Interesting. I will check out the website. If i were to do it, it is a year of two off.
Old 03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyclegg View Post
That describes the park in Wimberley TX where Tom currently has the TrailManor. And hosts is the main-liest reason I'm chiming in. The couple in question is only hosting for the free parking, and are never there but to sleep. [This makes for erratic Wi-Fi, if nothing else…] Granted, could be a figment of the [small] size of that park….

Debbie Huffman Grey
Finally full-timing / Kids in Houston, Texas
1985 PT-40 "Festina Lente"
1993 Toyota Pickup "Phoenix"
FMCA 424082 VB 1639 SKP 112690 GS Life Member
Old 03-17-2014
Campground Owner

Well, we are big enough, and I am committing enough, to have three hosts during the peak season. 2 couples and a single man. I expect to have that issue covered. Now, WI-FI, that's something else. Working to upgrade WI-FI now. We are a little park. Almost in town, mostly seasonal's, and then monthly's.
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W
Old 03-17-2014

enjoy the bird for a while then decide where , when and what kind of campground you want . you might just decide you don t wan to own a campground hahaha

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 03-17-2014

We manage the largest park in Quartzsite, AZ with 168 sites.
The company that owns this park is based in Yuma and pretty much has a hands off policy on how we run the park.
We have an assistant couple, a bathroom cleaner and a summer host.
The secret is getting good people that you can depend on and not have to watch over their shoulders all the time. That would take the fun out of ownership. Good people, that is the key.
And you will have to pay for good help. This can cut bigtime into your profits.
Less people, more profits, BUT you would have to be there more than you may want.
Best place to buy a park, if possible, is to have year round business if possible, not just a seasonal one like we have here.
Old 03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
enjoy the bird for a while then decide where , when and what kind of campground you want . you might just decide you don t wan to own a campground hahaha

True statement! Im not even sure yet whether i want to own this behemoth of a wanderlodge! Let me step back for a moment.....