Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 03-05-2009

Default Step Lights

Trying to get all my lighting in the coach to function as designed. I have two of the thinlite flourescent porch lights that will not work. New bulbs in both, but nothing happens. I have tried all the switch settings I can think of.

The down lighting for the extended entrance step will not come on. I have no clue where this circuit goes, or what to look for to fix it. There is a wired yellow strip right above the step that I think casts a yellow glow on the extended step, as well as there is a downward facing fixture (similar to a light on a vehicle to illuminate a license plate) I have replaced the bulb in this as well, no luck.

Also, I have the stair light to illuminate the entry. I have a 3way switch in the panel next to the passenger seat that turns this off, both in the up position, and the down position. I'm assuming that one position should be a constant on, while the other should be only on while entry door is open, then turn off when the door is closed. If this is correct, why will mine not turn off with the door closed. Where is the switch/sensor that signals the door is closed? Could this be the problem with all of my entry lights?

Im sorry for all the amateur questions, I don't know where to start on this, but would sure like to be able to see where I am going at night when entering the coach.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2009

If is not quite that simple . Matter of fact it can be down right aggravating. The yellow glow strip you refer to is probably the pressure strip, just is case you trap your foot it will open the step. The light switches, alarm and step are behind the upholstery on the hing part of the door. You have to tear it apart.
If you email me at jwasnewski@yahoo.com I will send you a drawing that you can have fun with. I got mine half a$$ed working and have never touched the switches again.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker