Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 07-23-2017

Default Very good experience at HWH

We had a bad leak from our LR jack. Plus an intermittent problem where one random jack would not deploy. I was pretty sure the latter was just due to a bad connector on the back of the control panel. We were going to be passing by, so I decided to stop by HWH in Moscow, Iowa and let them have a look at it. They're right off I-80.

I was more than pleased with the result. They diagnosed the leak as bad o-rings in two valves on that jack. They also replaced the control panel (at my request) and put a new connector on the end of the ribbon cable. For all that they only charged me one hour labor at $90/hr. The whole bill was around $270, most of that for the new panel. I was shocked. And that included one night of 50A electric in their parking lot (free)!

I totally recommend them if you're going to be passing by. You just call them up, ask for service, and get an appointment. You can just go without an appointment but you might have to wait for a day. Our appointment was for 7 AM and we were on the road by 11. It's a big service department, see pic. Two thumbs up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2260_DxO_Web1280.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	50131  
Old 07-23-2017

I had a similar very good experience there a month ago, and always learn a lot from their service manager Lon. Fairly priced, and they do not try to gouge you. In fact they talked me out of one item as unnecessary. Very good people. We have a lot of potential business for good folks like that in the BB circles.
Old 07-24-2017

I just missed you. Left 7/21. Yes they are very good at what they do.
2013 Lincoln MKX (toad)
alan.darson@gmail.com
Old 07-24-2017

Been there three times in the last 11 years. Left in a good mood each time.
"The Aviary"
Old 07-24-2017

Ditto. there back in June and had a great experience.
trideet@gmail.com