Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 06-28-2017

Default Alternator repair

I have a Penntex 330 amp air cooled alternator, and it stopped producing power a while back. Tried changing the voltage regulator, that did nothing other than lighten my wallet.
Took the alternator off, and took it to downtown Tulsa to Auto Battery and Electric (ABE). Turned out 3 of the 6 diodes were bad. They also did an overhaul of the unit. Now it works great.
The old guy working the counter know about these air cooled units, but seldom saw them. He was not too promising when I dropped it off, but a week later he called and was all done. They do the Delco 50dn alternators frequently.
I recommend the place.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 06-29-2017
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Thanks Brian, I will make a note in case I have a need.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 06-29-2017

Maybe I should hedge my recommendation. Turns out they installed the alternator pulley backwards, which resulted in my belt being shredded. Had to take the alternator off and bring it back to the shop. The owner was convinced it was on correctly, but he gave in and had a guy pull it off and reverse it. Works great now, no belt shredding. Interesting, now you can see on the face of the pulley, the word, "out". At least he bought me a new belt.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 06-29-2017
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

I hope they bought you a new belt!!
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 06-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
I hope they bought you a new belt!!
Yes they did.