Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches Wanted

Coaches Wanted Looking to buy a particular coach? Place your request here.

Site Search:

Old 08-21-2019

Stuart,

comparing an Essex to a Bluebird is apples and oranges, the only thing you could possibly compare a bluebird to would be a Newell, both great coaches built to be coaches out of metal and quality components. A good condition Newell 1998-2001 is worth about 85-100k and most newells of that age have 2 slides. Im not sure why you would think a bluebird to be worth more then a Newell? I would think most people would go for the Newell over the bluebird as Newell is still in business and making coaches. support and parts are readily available whereas Bluebird you're pretty much on your own, thankfully there is this forum for support!
Old 08-21-2019

Bluebird is still in business. So is detroit, aquahot ,fantastic fan, and allison.You can get a Newell and call it a bus like the newell crowd try. Or get a bus and call it a bus like prevost and bluebird owners can

Last edited by GregOC; 08-21-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOC View Post
Bluebird is still in business. So is detroit, aquahot ,fantastic fan, and allison.You can get a Newell and call it a bus like the newell crowd try. Or get a bus and call it a bus like prevost and bluebird owners can

GAME - SET - MATCH

(H) 336-66TWO-8333
(M) 336-33NINE-8033
Please email Private Messages
(E) timothy@devane.net

Old 08-21-2019

You don’t get personalized support on a Newell like you get on the WOG and support here is much more in depth then asking a parts man or a service man who gets paid by the hour instead of an owner of s coach. There is NOTHING like the WOG for assistance and nothing like a bird. That’s my 2 cents worth.
1999 LXI sold
Old 08-21-2019

So......a couple of you gentlemen have posted what I consider to be inaccurate info regarding Newells. One, in 12 yrs of ownership and dealing with many other Newell owners, I have never heard one of them refer to their rig as a “bus”. I don’t think they get caught up in the bus vs motor home discussion. If you would peer into the innards of a Newell you would find many common major parts with a BB of the same vintage.

Second, although we don’t enjoy the numbers of members that you do, and our documentation is downright pitiful compared to this forum, there is a forum of owners who are pretty dang handy, and gladly support one another on technical issues. Newellgurus.com.
99 Newell with DD Series 60
Subaru Outback toad
Old 08-21-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeboy57 View Post
So......a couple of you gentlemen have posted what I consider to be inaccurate info regarding Newells. One, in 12 yrs of ownership and dealing with many other Newell owners, I have never heard one of them refer to their rig as a “bus”. I don’t think they get caught up in the bus vs motor home discussion. If you would peer into the innards of a Newell you would find many common major parts with a BB of the same vintage.

Second, although we don’t enjoy the numbers of members that you do, and our documentation is downright pitiful compared to this forum, there is a forum of owners who are pretty dang handy, and gladly support one another on technical issues. Newellgurus.com.

We have the highest regard for the Newells here on WOG,but the members do get to voice their opinions too.
All big coachs share the same basics,as you say.
No harm was intended by Gregs post.
We are glad to have you here!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-21-2019

Default newell vs bluebird

I love them both. They are both GREAT coaches, both have good support forums and the members all seem very nice. I have nothing bad to say about either coach.

Im jealous of anyone who gets to drive around exploring the USA fulltime, I want to take my kids traveling for the summers and breaks but cant hurt our retirement program, spending 100k+ on a coach just isnt in the budget unfortunately.
Old 08-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadalgo View Post
I love them both. They are both GREAT coaches, both have good support forums and the members all seem very nice. I have nothing bad to say about either coach.

Im jealous of anyone who gets to drive around exploring the USA fulltime, I want to take my kids traveling for the summers and breaks but cant hurt our retirement program, spending 100k+ on a coach just isnt in the budget unfortunately.
You don't have to eat up your 401K or IRA to buy a Wanderlodge. You just need to look at an older model and slideless most likely. I envy you, your position. Back in the 80's I took my kids and wife across country twice. Once through the south and in the middle and then through the north and the stuff in the middle we missed the first time. We were gone a month each time and put on over 8K miles each trip. My kids are almost 50 now and still talk about it. I would love to be there and do it again, because I still think about it almost daily. It is something you will cherish a lifetime. So, back to the coach. My first trip was done in a 19' Lindy Class C that had the overhead bunk and a bed in the dinette that was only big enough for me, curled up like a pill bug. We pu a cooler between the driver and passenger seat and then a 4" foam pad over the seats and the cooler for my wife to sleep on. That gal loved her family is all I can say to put up with that for a month We pulled a 1953 Ford pick up bed that I converted into a trailer, behind this thing to take all the extra stuff that you can't store in a 19 ft. RV. We didn't need a towed because this thing was so small we could park anyplace.

So what I am saying is dial down your expectations, buy a Wanderldodge that fits your budget and make those dreams that when you get old like me, you will fondly remember and wish you were back doing them again. You will never regret it.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN

Last edited by isp2952; 08-21-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2019
Just the Driver

Right you are Jim.... My oldest daughter had been in 30 plus states in our 77 FC before she was 8 and she still talks about things she saw while traveling. She will see something on a movie or TV show and tell me.."I've been there".

Wanderlodges are what makes memories !

Bryan and Karen Altier
2006 M450 LXI. “Ruffin it EZ II”
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 08-21-2019

I have a little time to find exactly what we want before the kids are back out of school. I wish i could afford one of the newer Newell’s as they are putting bunks in them now. We have 2 big dogs that will need to travel with us, atleast one slide is really needed with 3 kids, 2 80-100lb dogs and my wife and I. There are plenty of good deals out there, although the one on eBay now is not such a good deal anymore. During the winter is probably the best time to buy I’m thinking. Maybe one day we will all meet up at some park!