Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 04-24-2010
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie2017 View Post
Hi, I have an 2000 LXI 1 slide. Wondering if you would share the costs of the services done there. I need similar work. My coach is at Crystal Lake in Naples, FL.

Thankks in advance.

howard broder
howie2017@aol.com
516-551-7029
Sure, Howard,

Parts, labor & tax = $896.24. They probably spent at least 4 hours searching for the air pressure regulator that they didn't charge me for....
These are knowledgeable people with fair prices.
Old 04-24-2010

Thanx Chuck, sounds more than reasonable.
Old 04-25-2010
Forum owner

I didnt do much,if anything.
I did learn a few things and i still have more to learn on the steering tag axle coachs,Rob has one I can take apart next winter..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-25-2010
cmillsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I didnt do much,if anything.
I did learn a few things and i still have more to learn on the steering tag axle coachs,Rob has one I can take apart next winter..
Randy,

The steer tag is a big help when making the tight turns but you gotta watch that it doesn't quit working. BTW, you probably know already that the air dryer is a bear to change due to its location and that it is plumped with copper which has to be removed to get the dryer out.
Old 05-07-2010

I decided to have Coachworx install a new tv in the front of the bus and they did a great job. We had some problem with the bose speakers working with the new tv but Ben solved the problem. I was very happy with my experence there.
Old 05-07-2010

The map looks like they're next door to Parliament. Any relationship?
Old 05-07-2010

Their entrance is just past Parliment. No relationship.
Old 05-07-2010
Forum owner

I though Johnny was helping you with the TV?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-07-2010

Well; I was going to cut the vitricore and make the project complicated and Johnny and I never got comfortable about cutting the stuff. So after talking with the guys at Ccoachworx I was sure about their ability. However after I got there we took a different direction and did not need to cut it at all.
Old 05-17-2010

I have a new-to-me '93 widebody (pictures and story coming soon) and have had it at Coachworx the past three weeks. I have gotten to know both the people and the facility very well in that time and I cannot say enough good things about these people, their facility, and capabilities. They are extremely knowledgeable, customer-oriented, and fair. I have been present many times after hours when calls have come in from customers and non-customers alike and they always do everything they can to help the caller or point them in the right direction.

They helped me evaluate my coach before I bought it so I knew what I was getting into, and charged me less than quoted. I've rarely had that happen before. Their primary experience has been with high-end Prevost coaches, but they are very familiar with the similar systems that are in Blue Birds and also knowledgeable about BB-specific issues and where to get parts and answers. Several 'Birds have passed through their shop every week I have been here and I have heard nothing but good things from the owners.

Many of you might remember Dick Warren, an old Blue Bird owner from way back. Those that do will know that Dick is very "particular" about his coach and the work done on it. He just drove his Prevost 3,000 miles to have Frank do the body and paintwork at Coachworx, and was very, very pleased with the results. That should say something by itself.

If you are anywhere within a reasonable drive of Coachworx, I would highly recommend them.
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL