Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 06-24-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Cummins Central Power LLC‎, Colby, Kansas

Cummins Central Power LLC‎
1880 South Range Avenue
Colby, KS‎
(785) 462-3945‎

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudpilot1 View Post
A bit of worry this AM when after starting while checking toad signal lites, etc.; chassis batteries dropped to zero, then engine quit - started after a few minutes - used aux battery sw to do so. All looked normal, but since we were heading thru hundreds of miles of small farm towns - decided to have it checked before leaving Colby, KS "metropolitan" area. Thru Coachnet found a nearby Cummins and was able to drive there. They were at a loss and we agreed it was probably a stuck relay or ?? so off we went for about a half mile when same happened - so again with aux batt sw drove back to Cummins. Again they were at a loss, but together we tried to figure what was the problem. Took out electrical diagrams then checked alternator, batteries and whatever else we could think of - - - then when we about to use TNT, checked a solenoid under driver's window outside on BMC, and found it erratic!!!! Half hour later replaced the part and off we went - some 375 miles for the day.
Service manager at Cummins (Dwight ??) was superb and hung in there and put us at front of line. He's our hero.
Ed Nowokunski95BMC37

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11