Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 09-15-2010

Default Blue Bird "Intellectual Property" Records at Parliament

That's certainly encouraging and raises the confidence level......
Old 09-15-2010

I have used Parliament on several occasions sourcing parts, looking up info on systems that I could not find in the blue box, and just to answer some general questions regarding my M380. It really is nice having them there for us.

Whenever I need parts for my coach…when practical; I like going through Parliament to help support what they are doing. Allot of times they have the parts in stock but if not they have been able to get them for me fairly quick.
Old 09-15-2010

Default Service at Parliament on M380

I was at Parliament for service on Monday. I had several issues, most were minor but I was having problems with the air system and needed, at a minimum, new starting batteries. Johnney Anderson started work on the coach about 8:30 am. He wanted to load test all the batteries and replace those that needed replacing prior to addressing the problems with the air system. The starting batteries tested bad and needing replacement and when he pulled out the tray with the house batteries and opened it the feed-through bolts that brings the voltage from the batteries to the outside of the tray had NEVER been tightened on the battery cables. They had been loose since the coach was new and having never had a reason to open the battery tray I had never found the problem. As a result the 3 house batteries had never been charging properly and they were bulging and needing replacement. Parliament went to get the batteries from the supplier and after installment all of the air system problems went away.

This was a good lesson for me as I never thought about marginal house batteries causing air problems.

Most of the time for service was waiting on batteries. The batteries were replaced with Concorde Lifeline 4D for house batteries (Big, Heavy Suckers). The starting batteries were also Lifeline. I expected to pay a bit more at Parliament but that was not the case. The batteries cost about the same as from an online source. I was pleasantly suprised.

All service issues were professionally addressed in a timely manner and we were out of there in 6 hours which included 1 hour for the tech's lunch.

I will return to Parliament for coach issues with my M380. It is nice not to have to pay some shop's hourly service fee for them to learn about the M380's system.

Kudos to Johnney Anderson and the folks at Parliament.

I am one well pleased customer.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 09-15-2010

Parliament's press release (letter from the President) says they are going to be at the Blue Bird Family Union. What the heck is that?
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL
Old 09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbonich View Post
Parliament's press release (letter from the President) says they are going to be at the Blue Bird Family Union. What the heck is that?
That is the Blue Bird Family Reunion. A rally sponsered by the Blue Bird Chapter, FMCA. (AKA Family of Friends Chapter) It is in place of the RITV (Rally in the Valley).This year it is ia LA. Next year in TN.
Old 09-15-2010

I ordered some tie rod ends from Dan a few weeks ago for my '85 FC. I got prompt service and a good price I thought.
When I told him I was interested in any info they might have for my coach he said they have a full time hand scanning records, also said they are keeping track of folks like me who express interest and when they find the records for my rig they will let me know.
I intend to give them first chance on anything I am ordering after the positive first experience.
Old 10-07-2010

I spoke with Dan. Nice guy.The full build file will cost around 400 bucks and include everything Bluebird kept on that vehicle. Sounds comprehensive. Individual schematics or data sheets are going to cost $20. All digital files. Call Dan and give him your coach number and he says he'll get back to you and let you know what all he has for that particular coach. I got the impression that if he knows someone is interested in purchasing file for a specific coach then maybe that file will get put together sooner.
Austin, Texas
Old 02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
I spoke with Dan. Nice guy.The full build file will cost around 400 bucks and include everything Bluebird kept on that vehicle. Sounds comprehensive. Individual schematics or data sheets are going to cost $20. All digital files. Call Dan and give him your coach number and he says he'll get back to you and let you know what all he has for that particular coach. I got the impression that if he knows someone is interested in purchasing file for a specific coach then maybe that file will get put together sooner.
What typically comprises a "full build File" and how bad to I want it?

What are the most important schematics to own?
89 PT40
Old 02-20-2011

Michael, If you like to do most of the work on your bird and you are somewhat mechanically inclined, a full set of schematics or blueprints are invaluable! I had them for my 90 wb and I knew where to look for whatever it was that I was working on
Austintown,Ohio
Old 02-20-2011

I thought I was doing good with 10 schematics I have Dia. for 4 load centers

location of grease fittings, ddecII master, Frt door lock mech,

What am I missing? What schematics make up a build plan? How many schematics are in a full set?
89 PT40