Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 06-10-2012

It appears to be for gas engines

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 06-10-2012

The Bully Dog WatchDog™ works on all 1996 and later vehicles with an OBDII port.
http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/bu...Fcyb7QodhBD8Vg
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 06-10-2012
prone to wandering

I had a Bully Dog performance chip and monitor on my Dodge 3500, it was a great product.
The price on these monitors seem very reasonable
jimdoel@me.com
Old 06-10-2012
Geek

The capability of a Silverleaf product cannot be beaten. It can only be matched. That is because capability is determined by the engine computer - if it has the data available, any good monitor should be able to display it, and if it is not, no monitor can coax it out.

For example engine oil temp on a DDECII. It doesn't offer that information, so no monitor can display it. A hard-coded monitor might not display something that is available, but a soft-coded one like VMSpc will always allow you to customize the display to make the data visible.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 06-10-2012
Senior

several times in the past I posted a way to monitor our engines & trannys that do not have a computer. There is a panel made by the digi-panel corp http://www.digi-panel.com/. One for 4 cycle diesels and one for our DD2 cycles. About $214 for the basic 4 gauge unit with lots of options example a 45 cable for our rear engine PTs or SPS. Lots of GMC motorhome owners have installed these and have saved engines. It has both a visible and audible alarm that can be set.
6V92
Old 06-10-2012

I think DonB has the DDECII covered except I believe it also gives return fuel temp. As well, if you purchase a copy you will need to purchase a plug for the DDL which Silverleaf does not have. Either me or Don has the PN. I have the pin wiring somewhere.

It is tough when these things happen. I have written before that I change sensors on my engine and genset on average every three years. Needed or not. As well, I have added a large ground wire to my engine block and genset block. Bad grounds equal bad gauge readings and inop sensors. Sensors should never have Teflon or pipe dope. It wrecks the ground.

The water temp gauge should cycle in fan override off if the coolant system has integrity and is operating properly.

I have found that properly grounded, my gauges are very close to the Silverleaf.

Hope it all works out.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker
Old 06-11-2012

I agree with the fact that probably the way to go is Silverleaf but the headache is monitoring it. I use a DeLorme gps system that uses a lap top on the dash, so I would have to figure a way to configure a split screen setup in order to use both at the same time. If there was a way to incorporate the monitoring into the dash it would be great.
Old 06-11-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Butch, the split screen is so easy. I have a double sight 9 inch touch. Stays on all the time. I use a small computer in the compartment behind the TV.
You can set it up to display any way you want it, and have the Delorme in the same monitor.
Notice the far right side, touch and the Delorme map program is up.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 06-12-2012

Leroy, can you post the part number for the DDL plug and the wiring diagram. I have purchased the Silverleaf system based on $325.00 is cheaper than 20+k.
Old 06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Leroy, can you post the part number for the DDL plug and the wiring diagram. I have purchased the Silverleaf system based on $325.00 is cheaper than 20+k.
I will be home on the 19th. I will dig up the drawing info, scan it and see if I can put it up here. It includes the complete interface with the DDEC II. It is hand drawn so will see.
In the mean time pull your link out and see what it is. From memory, I recall mine being rectangular and 12 pin. As I recall it is GM 82-95 ALDL OBD1 but I would not wager on that at the moment. Don and me did this connection several years back.
If so, you need a male connector. It is possible to hard wire it but I preferred the plug connector. It makes for a clean installation and easy disconnect if needed.
I will verify the above when I get home.
Remind me so I do not forget.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker