Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default How to add a video link or Embed a YouTube or Facebook video in you post

Videos placed anywhere on WOG are subject to the Guidelines, this includes any of the content of the video itself, so make sure that the complete video fits the WOG Guidelines. Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > Site Rules and /or Forum Guidelines >Wanderlodge Owners Group Guidelines

===========================

These two features can be a very handy tool in showing a 'Bird Event footage, Tutorials on Modifications or Repairs, a video description of a 'Bird that you have for sale, or to show exactly what a problem is and they can be used in any forum. We hope that these added features will help in solving your problems and answering your questions.

How to add a link to your video in a post

Lets say you had a question like this example below that you have placed on the GENERATOR forum and you just want to add a link to that video, this is how it should look;

Quote:
I hadn't started the Perkins/Kohler generator on my FC model 'Bird in almost a year. I first removed the control box cover in the generator compartment and cleaned it out as best that I could, but when I tried to start it, I noticed sparks coming from inside of the control box, can any body help me with this problem, here is a link to a video of what I'm seeing http://youtube.com/watch?v=biztVS4Xn0Y
How to Embed YouTube or Facebook videos in your post

You just have to put the video ID of the YouTube video to be embedded inside the YouTube or YouTube HD BBCode, and it will automatically display the video itself in your post.

Once that you have your video recorded and saved, upload it onto your YouTube account on http://www.youtube.com/ this feature only works for videos on http://www.youtube.com/ and then follow these directions below.

As our example we will use this link to a YouTube video that describes how a Solenoid Operated Valve works found on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5434dDB-7w

While you are viewing the YouTube video click on the SHARE box below the video, this will display the link for the video which includes the Identification number that you will need, in this case http://youtu.be/e5434dDB-7w but we will only need to use the numbers after the last forward slash (/) such as e5434dDB-7w which is the video identification number.

Now scroll down to the bottom of the Post New Thread page where you are creating your post and there you will find the Posting Rules box, then click on BB code

That will open a list of codes that can be used, but for the videos we want to scroll to the bottom of that page titled YouTube - Embed Standard Video and YouTube HD - Embed HD Video as seen in the non-working screen captured pictures below, we will use YouTube HD - Embed HD Video code for our example.

Using the displayed YouTube HD code we will insert the Solenoid Operated Valve YouTube Video identification number like this;

That will result in the video showing up here;

FOR FACEBOOK VIDEOS The tags are
Remember you can only embed a YouTube or Facebook video

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > TEST MESSAGES HERE > youtube testing

I called Jim and it was a setup, he knew how to do this all along and just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was doing, so from now on just consult Jim about this

Here is what was happening and I need to add this to the tutorial;

When you copy the code from YouTube and paste it into your message like this;

http://youtu.be/oIJYx5j2nPQ

and then you delete the portion that we are not going to use like this;

oIJYx5j2nPQ

it still shows it as a clickable link, so we need to take care of that by highlighting the link above and then go to the icons above the message box and click on the Remove Link Icon which will remove the line under our YouTube code, like this;

oIJYx5j2nPQ

now we can add the brackets and other code before and after

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	POSTING RULES s.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	21407   Click image for larger version

Name:	SHARE m.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	21409   Click image for larger version

Name:	VIDEO CODE.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	21410   Click image for larger version

Name:	YouTube.HD.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	21411   Click image for larger version

Name:	YouTube.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	21412  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11

Last edited by iamflagman; 06-03-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Closed Thread