Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007
Forum Moderator / Administrator

Default How can I attach or add a photo to the body of my message? UPDATED INFORMATION

For MAC users and PICASA Album users be sure to read additional information at the bottom of this thread.

It seems that lately we have been seeing a lot of HUGE photos both added to the body of a posted message and also attached to a posted message, something to keep in mind is the size of the photo that you add to your post either in the the message body or even as an attachment, remember that the larger the attached photo is when opened the longer it takes to load so taking a few extra minutes to downsize that picture before you use it on th forum will help the members when they open it. REMEMBER SIZE MATTERS.

To post pictures to fit the forums dimensions remember to first set your camera or phone picture resolution to either 640x480 or 800x600 pixels or as close as possible to that and then just follow the tips found here in this thread.

640X480

800X600

Here is a discussion of different re-sizing programs available, that some forum members use, check out;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help > IRFANVIEW Image Resizing Program

You can add photos off of a Internet photo album, including your own personal WOG Forum album, or use the URL for the attachment that you just uploaded, by opening it up and copying the URL for the picture (keep in mind that the size of the attached picture sometimes can be too large for the forums pages) then add the picture directly to the body of your posted messages, by clicking on the "Insert Image" icon, it looks like a yellow square box with an image on it like this; then in the drop down box add the URL for the picture that you want to insert in the message, for those photos that come from an attachment or a WOG forum album, you do not need to add the .jpg at the end.

Click here to learn what a URL is

Click here to learn How to Get the URL for Pictures

Click here to learn How to Get the URL for Pictures on a MAC

REMEMBER SIZE MATTERS TOO, CHECK OUT;

Here is a discussion of different re-sizing programs available, that some forum members use, check out;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help > IRFANVIEW Image Resizing Program

Clicking on that will open a Explorer User Prompt box in the upper left corner of the screen and there enter the URL of the photo on a photo website like this; http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/90521396.jpg

Notice the .jpg at the end of the URL, make sure that you add that part, or whatever type of photo file that it is, if it isn't already there. Now when you complete that and click OK, you should be able to see the photo in the body of the message that you are currently editing, like this;

Remember to place the photo in the body of the message, the photo must be already posted on web site that will allow you to use the URL for that photo.

MESSAGE EDITOR INTERFACE SETTINGS
In order to be able to see all of the features on the toolbar of your Message editor box when posting a new, or reply message, you must have your setting of the Message Editor Interface set to “Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing“, follow the directions below to change those settings.

1. On the Forums Homepage click on “User CP”
2. On the Control Panel under Settings & Options click onEdit Options”
3. Under “Edit Options: Your Username” scroll down to “Miscellaneous Options”
4. To open up the options, at the right of the toolbar click on the expansion arrow.
5. From the dropdown list choose “Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing“
6. At the bottom of the page click on “Save Changes”

If you cannot see the picture above go to http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/93205379
or see the attachment MESSAGE EDITOR INTERFACE SETTINGS SM.jpg below.

You can also add a photo to your posted message as an Attachment, by using this method. If you scroll down below the Message editing box, you will find what is described below;

If you cannot see the picture above go to;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/139952777

You can also view it by clicking on the attachment here or at the bottom of this message;
HOW TO ADD AN ATTACHMENT TO YOUR MESSAGE.jpg

NOTE; The size of the attachment is limited to the size indicated by the number next to the type of attachment to be downloaded, which may be different than shown in the picture above and HOW TO ADD AN ATTACHMENT TO YOUR MESSAGE.jpg

You can also use a URL link for a specific photo in another photo album, but keep in mind that some of these albums can only be viewed through the use of a password or by membership in that albums parent web site or forum.

We now also have available Free of charge, your own personal forum album, check out Personal Photo Albums

You can now add photos from your computer to your own album right here on the forum, by going to your profile under the User CP icon on the forum homepage in the toolbar below the forum banner.

Wanderlodge Owners Group > User Control Panel > Networking > Pictures & Albums

You can also link your albums in a post like this Finn's Inn Express to get to your album, then choose the individual photo and click on the thumbnail of the photo to enlarge it, I chose the line drawing of my 'Bird below, under the enlarged photo is its linking URL, so enter that here if you just want to display just the link; http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=2.

You can also insert the photo from your album by using the URL exactly the same as we discussed in the first part of this thread.

How to paste google picassa pics into a post:

In your google photo album page:

1) Click "Link to this Photo",
2) Select the check box "Image only (no link)",
3) Select size in the pull down menu, typically "Medium-640",
4) Hilight the link in the "Embed image" window by clicking on it once
Right click the link and "Copy" it.

In WOG:

1) Select "Post Reply",
2) Click the "Insert image" icon at the top tool bar, it looks like a landscape picture image,
3) Right click "http://" in the menu and "Paste" in the link you copied from google picassa overwriting "http://" with your new link.

Tada!!!

======================

If you are using a MAC try this;

On a Mac pics are EASY! Just make sure you are in the Advanced Editor, it doesn't show up on a Quick Reply.
  1. 1. Don't Click the "Insert Image" Icon that for images from somewhere online. Instead Click the "Manage Attachments" Button under "Additional Options" below the edit window
  2. 2. Drag your image on top of the (Choose File) button and drop it. Then click "Upload", repeat again for more pics...
  3. 3. Close the window when you are done. (Link in upper right of the pop up window)
Thats it. Pics will show up as thumbnails at the bottom of your post. There's other advanced ways to get them to show inline but lets get you uploading first.

10-27-2012
Woodwinds
BIG MAMA

How do I post pictures from a Picasa album?
John Finn has instructed me to ask this question.....David Brady has given us some of the answer in how to post pics if you have Picasa. The first thing David states is to go to your google photo album. We do not have an album. The pics are located on our computers. How do we get these posted?? Several folks in John's class here at WOG rally have asked this question......EVERYONE should attend John's class!!
04 M 380.......with goat rails
Saluda, NC

10-27-2012
isp2952
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764 Tel. 260-224-1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodwinds
John Finn has instructed me to ask this question.....David Brady has given us some of the answer in how to post pics if you have Picasa. The first thing David states is to go to your google photo album. We do not have an album. The pics are located on our computers. How do we get these posted?? Several folks in John's class here at WOG rally have asked this question......EVERYONE should attend John's class!!

Nancy and Jim,
All my photos I put on this forum originate from my desktop. I find it simpler to copy the specific photos I want to attach to a message by copying them from my photos folder to the desktop. That way I can search through them pick the ones that I want then copy them to the desktop, which makes them easier to find for the next step. Then you write you message on the forum. When you want to place the photo in the message just click on the attachment icon above. You will see a blank block on top with a title Upload File from your Computer Next to that it will say Browse. Click on browse then go to your Desktop selection and click on that. Browse the desktop until you see what you want to attach. Double click on that and then click on upload. Then you're done. Close the window and go to your message. Click on the attacment icon and select your photo to attach. If you have any questions call me 260-224-1278

F397772
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
Larwill, IN

Last edited by isp2952; 10-27-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Added info

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features > Posting and Pictures with an Android Smart Phone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MESSAGE EDITOR INTERFACE SETTINGS SM.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	112   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	4834
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2720   Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	5082
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	3407   Click image for larger version

Name:	640 x 480.jpg
Views:	5066
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	12348   Click image for larger version

Name:	800x600.jpg
Views:	4872
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	12349   Click image for larger version

Name:	HOW TO ADD AN ATTACHMENT TO YOUR MESSAGE.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	13536  

Last edited by iamflagman; 03-24-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Closed Thread