Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:

Old 03-29-2014
Forum Moderator / Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
I know of the option to receive a notice when a new post is added to a thread I've subscribed to, but there is no option to read all posts as email messages.

The only way to do it would be to subscribe to every thread (new and old, there must be thousands and thousands of them by now). I don't doubt it is possible, but I'm wondering if I missed an option or something that makes reading the WOG by email more practical than it appears.

Thanks.
This is a copy of your User Profile that Administrators can see and when you joined you chose "Do not subscribe", I can try and change it to any other option shown, just let me know which one.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BEDINGER.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	27884  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-29-2014
Geek

John, that is also something that a member can change on their own in the UserCP, but it only applies to threads in which they have posted.

It is possible to subscribe to threads in which you did not post, but not automatically, and there is no universal subscription available to members, only mods and admins.
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 03-30-2014
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Wanting to be able to delete a double post or edit an old post to correct a mistake, add a part number, modify or add a picture, repair a broken link, etc (like we’ve been able to do since the beginning of this Forum) certainly opened a can of worms.

Now it seems we want to crack down on Forum members because someone might decide to delete his old posts or someone might create some mischief in the future.

Isn’t that one of the reasons for keeping the Forum server backed up on a regular basis?
I agree with you, John, about the utility of being free to edit or delete our posts, and I'm surprised that it is becoming suspect.

vBulletin does keep track of posts that have been edited--there's a little status line at the bottom of each post where that info is displayed. Too bad it doesn't have an option to display 'changes' when reading a post that has been edited. Like a word processor has a toggle to view changes--deleted text appears as strike-through text. I know it vBulletin can display strike-through

This kind of wistful thinking usually leads to a suggestion that I write the code for the feature I want. But in the case of 'edit and delete my posts', the features are already in the software, so why not turn it on?

I don't know but editing and deleting MAY have caused problems I'm not aware of. Has it? Anyone know?
Portsmouth, Va

Last edited by nbedinger; 03-30-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: demonstrate the 'edited' status of this post
Old 03-30-2014
Forum Moderator / Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
I agree with you, John, about the utility of being free to edit or delete our posts, and I'm surprised that it is becoming suspect.

vBulletin does keep track of posts that have been edited--there's a little status line at the bottom of each post where that info is displayed. Too bad it doesn't have an option to display 'changes' when reading a post that has been edited. Like a word processor has a toggle to view changes--deleted text appears as strike-through text. I know it vBulletin can display strike-through

This kind of wistful thinking usually leads to a suggestion that I write the code for the feature I want. But in the case of 'edit and delete my posts', the features are already in the software, so why not turn it on?

I don't know but editing and deleting MAY have caused problems I'm not aware of. Has it? Anyone know?

We have our reasons which will remain private to the administration and I think we have discussed this enough already, I still stand by my earlier post and that will have to be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Post editing has been changed to a limit of 1 day. Deleting a post or thread will be done by the Moderators and Administrators, see post #13 in this thread.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-31-2014
Administrator

I am one that agrees with the house rules of this Forum.
This is the reason the Forum members are still co-operative, contribute a vast amount of the knowledge & skills,
all for free, to help others, and for fun.
Thanks to the signature, photo, spam, & content etc. police.
I have seen several good forums collapse because of egos & know it all's.