Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 12-28-2011

Default SP questions

All: some burning questions:

1. What are two switches near bedroom floor passenger side. One marked on/off. other is marked hi/low. Doesn't seem to make bed vibrate. Similar switches behind access panel in kitchen. Any ideas?

2. Radio quit working to front speakers. So I checked wires and found a relay missing it's plastic cover connected to speaker wires. I activated relay by pressing contacts and that made sound happen. I've temporarily fixed this with a vice grips and a some paper as an insulator.... So why the relay and more importantly, How do I correctly energize it so I can have my vice grips back. Or should I buy new vice grips?

3. Trying to work on propane furnaces. Is there a selenoid to turn on/off propane? Stove makes some noise, so I think propane is on. Tank guage does read low. Will furnace attemt to light with low pressure? What does red button on propane monitor under dinette do?

4. Where is best place to disconnect water tank, grey tank mat heaters? How many might there be?

Thanks in advance.
"SamDotKat"
Old 12-28-2011
Forum owner

The switchs are for the chassis heater fans,
Speakers? woodys coach had speakers? Hah,just kidding!
I have no idea on the relay,i suspect a switch on the dash turns them on,accessory switch,maybe?

There is a propane master switch,most likely over the stove in that control panel.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-29-2011

My understanding of speaker relays is that they are there as a protection circuit to protect the speakers from the "thump" you get sometimes when the amp kicks on and off. But they are also there to protect from other things like amp failures, etc. Might just be a bad relay or you could have something else going on.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 12-29-2011
prone to wandering

Sam, propane monitor/alarm under dinette must be on as well as the propane master above stove. If not no propane will flow.
Tank heaters, outside pass side compartment immediately behind entrance door is a small electrical box, unhook those wires in that box. All they do is power the tank heaters. If you want you can replace the blank cover and wire in a GFI receptacle.
jimdoel@me.com
Old 12-29-2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samstu View Post
All: some burning questions:

1. What are two switches near bedroom floor passenger side. One marked on/off. other is marked hi/low. Doesn't seem to make bed vibrate. Similar switches behind access panel in kitchen. Any ideas?

Chassis heater fans, controlled by the winter/summer switch & the t-stat needs to call for heat, should have maybe three heaters.

2. Radio quit working to front speakers. So I checked wires and found a relay missing it's plastic cover connected to speaker wires. I activated relay by pressing contacts and that made sound happen. I've temporarily fixed this with a vice grips and a some paper as an insulator.... So why the relay and more importantly, How do I correctly energize it so I can have my vice grips back. Or should I buy new vice grips?

??????????????

3. Trying to work on propane furnaces. Is there a selenoid to turn on/off propane? Stove makes some noise, so I think propane is on. Tank guage does read low. Will furnace attemt to light with low pressure? What does red button on propane monitor under dinette do?

The safety solenoid shut off in controlled by the propane dectector under the frig or dinette, it may be On/Off with the electronuic master switch. Stove has a 110v ignitor, tick,tick, tick, or flame ignition without 110 volts
We need as Sp owner to confirm.

4. Where is best place to disconnect water tank, grey tank mat heaters? How many might there be?

Thanks in advance.
--
Old 12-29-2011

I agree with the things Jim and Bill said about the propane detector and solenoid needing to be functioning. I would generally make sure I had propane getting to the stove before trying to turn on the furnaces. It is easier to find out if the propane system is working by making sure the gas is getting to the stove than it is to try and figure it out at the furnaces.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 12-29-2011
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samstu View Post
Will furnace attemt to light with low pressure?
Thanks in advance.
The propane furnaces will try to light regardless of the presence of propane pressure in the supply. First the fan is started. An air movement switch engages insuring the fan is running. Then it cycles the ignition sequence. A sensor near the burner indicates there is a flame and the control board shuts down and retries if there is no flame. I believe it tries three times, then the fan just keeps running until you shut the thermostat down.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 12-29-2011

there is a propane on off switch on dash
Old 12-29-2011

Default chassis heaters

furnaces - propane switch on the dash and a propane switch located on the refrigerator side of banquette seating down near the floor. These both need to be in the on position to open the propane selenoid.

chassis heater switches - in addition to the dual rocker switches you mention in the rear of the coach there are two more behind the bottom false drawer front in the kitchen and two more behind a hinged panel on the front of the couch. Slightly lift the couch seat enough to pull on the top of the two front panels. One will open forward to expose the switches. When these are on they are activated by the termostats as explained earlier.

Your layout may be different then ours so keep looking. You will find them when you least expect it.
Old 12-29-2011

The rockers on the bedroom floor are for the chassis fans on mine-except driver and passenger, they're on dash (maybe overhead by winter summer, but they're up front)and as long as switch is on by bedroom floor, valve at tank is on, lpg switch on dash is on, and electric is off at thermostats on the bottom slide, the propane furnaces are controlled by the upper thermostat slide, couch and dinette heaters by end table thermostat behind breaker panel and bedroom/bath heater by thermostat in bedroom. no other switch's. Couch was replaced Don't know if it was rewired but no panel there or under sink or fridge and no extra wires. If electric and propane are off,upper thermostat slide regulates chassis heat. there is a solenoid by regulator at the propane tank, don't know how that fits in. I'm still trying figure ours out had it only a few months and been camping once in the cold, but I think thats how its hooked up (until I find something new to try to figure into the picture).

Jim & Joni Ramsay
York, Pennsylvania
90 SP36