Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > Announcements (MODERATED)

Announcements (MODERATED) Keep up to date with all the new things happening here at the Wanderlodge Owners Group discussion forum and BuyByeBlueBird.com!

Site Search:

Old 05-26-2021

The WOG forum is priceless. I would say I'm in the learning stage of being a Bird owner and I spend time reading a lot of stuff on here. It is almost a hobby to read the stuff especially the projects. I'm amazed at how everyone will jump in when there is someone stuck. I have not had any real issues and I'm sure I'm one of the guys that has asked a question that was already on the forum. I'm in IT and still struggle to always find the answer in a search. I will gladly help anyone if I have the knowledge or ability. I know people want the easy button. For me my bus is a 1978 and the easy button did come out until 2005 so WOG is the closing thing to the easy button I have. Thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum and the BB family!! I really look forward to the information sharing in October as I will be at my first WOG rally as a BB owner.
Old 05-26-2021

People who were on the internet in the late 90's are most familiar with the BBS or forum format. They usually prefer it. Some forums are more gruff than others, but this isn't one. You want to see a newbie get just burned hard go look up pirate4x4.com. Best tech for 4x4 stuff on the internet ever. It's not a group of know-it-alls telling a newb how stupid they are in a passive-aggressive manner, but I'm sure some people don't realize that.

I get frustrated when someone newbish posts a basic question to which 10 people answer. One or two of those answers are spot on, the others are throwing darts, but the guy's head starts to spin. The problem for that poor guy is he doesn't know who to believe or which way to go in their troubleshooting. I don't know how capable that guy is, either, so it's hard to tailor my response to him. Go look up my first posts on WOG. In my 2nd post I said that a lot of you guys are awfully preachy! I never forgot that and a couple other exchanges after that questioning my intentions, but I always knew that I was able to think for myself and none of these people know me.

So context on the internet is hard and people type "harsh" things and others take things "harshly". Grow up.
Old 07-13-2021

more and more people are narcissists/hypocrites.
Old 07-15-2021

Lots of interesting stuff in this conversation. Just my personal comments:

Having the WOG has been the best thing for me. Every time I get in a jam, you guys help me out, going above and beyond. I greatly appreciate that. I actually do use the search function a lot more than I post.

I like to donate to the WOG each year, I just realized I hadn't this year, I just did. Not a lot, roughly a case of beer's worth. It makes me feel better about all the valuable advice on this website.

The internet, fueled by social media allows less intelligent people to be more emboldened, rude, seen and heard. Frustrating to the rest of us.

I haven't posted much the past nine months. I am supporting a boat down in GCS Florida. I have found that I also use the WOG to research how to fix things on the boat, the systems are so similar. I haven't posted boat questions on this forum yet, not that I haven't thought about it....

On the upside! The bus is ready for Sturgis, we depart two weeks from today. Weird I am way ahead of schedule. She is clean, waxed, fluids changed, full of diesel and ready to roll.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	summer 2021.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	76166  

mark kitchens
Athens, Tx
1995 WB42
C: 214 477 3757
markkitch@aol.com